Author Topic: New interface is a mess, totally confusing  (Read 2020 times)

opllars

New interface is a mess, totally confusing
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
...Just simple operations like changing the time of a scheduled scan is either impossible do or impossble to find out how to do.  Probably the last, therefore I keep searching for where to find it, and thereby I just discover more changes that has been made that are user unfriendly.
 Why make something that is unnessasary difficult.  Dont want to waste my time on that, would rather use it on find an AV with simpler interface   >:(

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: New interface is a mess, totally confusing
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
You can do that in scan menu, where you can also perform manual scans. Though i personally don't see much point in performing scheduled on-demand scans. Real-time scanning is there for a reason, on-demand manual scans are there just for cleanup operations when you install avast! on already infected system.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
The GUI is simpler if anything.  Little used/unwanted settings were removed.

The day to day controls are on the first page, the more in depth settings on the second.

Go to the Settings page, look at the bottom right for the " ?"  that is the Help File which details everything.

On the first page there are 4 tiles/icons, these links can be modified to your requirements for scans/virus chest/sandbox , whatever, just right click a tile and choose from the menu.

The guys I help in the workshop have 11 shops now,they install avast on everything ( unless a customer specifies something different ) and that is 100's of machines a month, customers like this simpler, clearer layout.

Yes, it is different, but very easy. Setting scan schedules is found in 3 clicks.

opllars

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »
Thanks for the help.
All was easier when I managed to find the help file.  When I looked for it before, all I found was a welcome site.  When you click on "support", you get 5 options the last of which is 'program help". Clicking on this will open this welcome site. But this time I noticed that there is a button at the top left saying "show". clicking on that will open the help tabs (or it is possible to have it open like this in the options on same site). 
I would suggest to have the help file easy available  (or separate help file about how to find the help file ;)