Author Topic: Unable to Access Website  (Read 2221 times)

Klinker

Unable to Access Website
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:45:37 PM »
I have been unable to access Dell.com (or any other Dell web address manually entered) for three days using Chrome sandboxed in AIS on my XP machine. I can access the Dell website on non-Avast machines so obviously the website is working. The page never loads and eventually becomes unresponsive. Everything else works fine on this machine and zero problems related to internet access...just can't access Dell.com. I find this kind of weird and unfortunately I need to access their website for some customer service related issues.

Anybody mind trying Chrome sandboxed in AIS to get to Dell.com?

Thanks.

Klinker

Re: Unable to Access Website
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
Problem remains as described above.....day four now. I contacted Dell by phone and they seem to agree that something in Avast is preventing their website from loading and causing the hang.  Turning off shields does not allow it either so I guess it is something in the sandboxing of Chrome that is blocking Dell.com. I'm not getting any popups or warnings, the webpage just won't load.

Suggestions?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 06:54:04 PM »
Just accessed it from my safezone.. Both dell.com and dell uk

When you updated Avast last did you install over the top or do a clean install

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
Win8.1 , avast9, Chrome in sandbox ......... no problem with Dell sites anywhere.

Klinker

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
Hmmm, well thanks for checking it out.

Dell emailed the links of every page I needed to go to within their website. Cut and paste those long addresses successfully. Interestingly, there were still sections of their website I couldn't get to load out side of what I needed which makes no sense.

As long as I'm only experiencing problems on this one website sandboxed in Chrome, I'll just let it go. Plan on retiring this antique/dinosaur in a month or so anyway.