Author Topic: The Cleaner 4.0 new test results.  (Read 6755 times)

Waldo

The Cleaner 4.0 new test results.
« on: October 11, 2003, 06:38:40 PM »

I seems the new  The Cleaner 4.0 (Daniel) does a great job at detecting trojans.

I believe he did the test on a honestly basis, as i talked with him on how he set up the tests. And he told me that it would be published completely wathever the result was. He had full thrust in his product, so...

You can read about it in the Cleaner forums.

I also asked to include Avast 4 in the test, but he told the test was already done. He promised to include the program in the future tests.

http://www.moosoft.com/newsite/products/cleaner/compare/

Waldo

Lito

Re:The Cleaner 4.0 new test results.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 07:37:56 PM »
I think they should test The Cleaner vs KAV ;)

Cheers, LIto.

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 07:46:06 PM »
Maybe i get something wrong, but who made the test? Moosoft? They are the maker of "the cleaner".  Now you know why it scres so well!;)

BTW: You can not compare Avasts cleaner with Moosoft "the cleaner", because avast develop it only if there is Malware worth adding, if Avast is not able to clean it well(not detecting!). "The Cleaner" is an Anti-Trojan Programm like Trojanhunter or TDS.
MfG Ralf

mantra

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 08:07:33 PM »
waldo i think avast is not great in trojan detecting

Waldo

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2003, 08:19:42 PM »
Maybe i get something wrong, but who made the test? Moosoft? They are the maker of "the cleaner".  Now you know why it scres so well!;)

BTW: You can not compare Avasts cleaner with Moosoft "the cleaner", because avast develop it only if there is Malware worth adding, if Avast is not able to clean it well(not detecting!). "The Cleaner" is an Anti-Trojan Programm like Trojanhunter or TDS.

Like i said, I personally thruts the vendor of The cleaner...but that's just a personal opinion.

Offcourse he wouldn't post result if his program sucks the bollux :) I not a moron, lol

And everybody knows that the vendors ALWAYS put up tests in there favor. They must be idiots if they did not.  This is just business.

But i believe Moosoft did some "fair" testing (maybe i'm just naieve).

I never mentioned anything about "Avast Cleaner util" ? I'm well aware this tool is only for helping if the shit already hitted the fan. I was talking about putting AVAST Home/Pro in the test. I thought this was clear in my first post ?

Kind regards,

Waldo
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 08:33:35 PM by Waldo »

Waldo

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2003, 08:25:47 PM »
waldo i think avast is not great in trojan detecting

Maybe not...dunno...Can't really say...

Atleast they claim that it does find them :

avast! antivirus software is based on the ALWIL Software Virus, Worm and Trojan horse scanning technology since 1988. The avast! antivirus portfolio includes a number of products, providing effective protection at all levels - from PDAs to large networks.

Waldo