Author Topic: Big Fat Trouble  (Read 9124 times)

Roccobot

Big Fat Trouble - Final Chapter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »
Ok... it doesn't matter. I give up. When i'll have finished with my "homework", I'll delete the file.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Big Fat Trouble
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »
Roccobot, I understand that your file is not infected - but avast! thinks so for some reason. To fix the false positive, we simply need to have the file. (I don't exactly understand why you feel unfomfortable about submitting the file - we would check it, fix the false positive in our database and delete the file; but of course, that's up to you).

Putting the folder to the list of avast! exclusions should work, however. What is the virus reported in the file, and what is the exact (full) path reported in the virus dialog?

Roccobot

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 11:58:35 PM »
D:\Archivio\Compiled\RSH.exe

Win32:Trojano-1205 [Trj]

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 04:06:18 PM »
Thanks, I'll check the corresponding signature.

So, you put
D:\Archivio\Compiled\*
into the list of Standard Shield exclusions, but the "Virus found!" dialog still appears, showing
D:\Archivio\Compiled\RSH.exe
as the infected file path?

That's really strange... could you please check whether you don't have a typo in the excluded path? It certainly should work this way... Besides, you said it did work for you for one file - was it in the same folder?

Roccobot

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »
Yes, I've tried to put the single file in the exclusions list (D:\Archivio\Compiled\RSH.exe), but it doesn't work. After that, I've tried to put the whole folder (D:\Archivio\Compiled\*)... but it still doesn't work.

My english is not so good, so I'm not sure what you mean with "please check whether you don't have a typo in the excluded path"... if you mean I must check for mistakes in the string, I've already checked it, and it is all correct.

In this topic called "Big Fat Trouble", I've mentioned two different files (located in two different paths) considered as infected by Avast! (the trojan is the same, "Win32:Trojano-1205 [Trj]"). I know that the trojan identification is a false positive for both files. After the suggestion given by cvsa, I inserted the FIRST file in the exclusions list, and it was OK. But with the SECOND one, no way.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 12:17:41 AM »
Was the first ("working") file in the same folder, or somewhere else?

Roccobot

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 01:14:46 AM »
I quote myself
I've mentioned two different files (located in two different paths)

As I told you, the first file was in a different folder (in the same drive, D:\ )