Author Topic: [SOLVED] Locked out from Administrator login  (Read 7908 times)

david_leigh

[SOLVED] Locked out from Administrator login
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:17:32 AM »
I'm having a problem where I must not be understanding something.  :-[

I've installed the Enterprise Console and server on the same machine - an XP Pro machine dedicated to only running the Avast Console and Server.  I can get in just fine with the "admin" initial password.  I can pretty much do anything I need to do so far, scans, push installs, discover computers, etc.  So far, so good.  Then I signout and I can't sign back in.

I've done this twice.  The first time after a clean install, and doing some work in the Console, I changed the administrator password.  Later when I tried to log in, no password, old or new, worked.  I tried resetting the administrator password with the instructions given on this forum and that appeared to process correctly, but I still could not get in.  So I uninstalled everything - server, console, client, SQL Server, etc.  Rebooted and started over.

This time around, I'm thinking, "not going to change the password - stay safe (if insecure!)".  So I didn't.  After doing some work, I log out.  Now I can't log back in again.  EXACT same problem.  "unable to login as Aministrator or connection error".

Just now, I updated to the latest program based on the announcement in the forum yesterday.  That went fine, but I still can't log in.

Since I've not changed any password, I'm guessing it's the "connection error".  So EVERYTHING is running locally on this machine.  What should I look at to enable this thing to connect (even though it already WAS successfully connected)?

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:07:02 AM by david_leigh »

bradc

Re: Locked out from Administrator login
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:14:31 PM »
Yes I'm having the same problem.  I changed password, and then could not login.  I changed password back to default and now I'm locked out.

Error: "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Unable to login as Administrator or connection error.

2008 R2

Enterprise Administration Console for avast! Endpoint Protection Suite
Education Edition

bradc

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
FYI:

Also, when changing password again I get this error:

"An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

unable to login as Administrtor or connection error.

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
Check to make sure the services are running (services.msc) and check the SQL services are also running.

bradc

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
SQL Server (AVAST)                                     started       Automatic
SQL Server Agent (AVAST)                          <blank>      Automatic      *tried to manually start, message stated "services started and then stopped"
avast! Enterprise Admin Server                   Stopping    Automatic      *no option to start, grey out*
avast! Enterprise Mirror HTTP Server           Started      Automatic

1.The AEA is open and at the login page

2.Still can not login into the console

Thanks Che for any help

bradc

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
I did get a new error message: (after trying to restart the SQL Agent maually:

Connection lost

"you have been disconnected from the remote host 1/29/2014 9:46am

Then tried log in 2nd time:

the network connection does not exist

However, when testing connection to the SQL Server Instance it shows "ok"  (AEA Maintenance Tool)

Confused    :o

bradc

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »
I'm having a problem where I must not be understanding something.  :-[

I've installed the Enterprise Console and server on the same machine - an XP Pro machine dedicated to only running the Avast Console and Server.  I can get in just fine with the "admin" initial password.  I can pretty much do anything I need to do so far, scans, push installs, discover computers, etc.  So far, so good.  Then I signout and I can't sign back in.

I've done this twice.  The first time after a clean install, and doing some work in the Console, I changed the administrator password.  Later when I tried to log in, no password, old or new, worked.  I tried resetting the administrator password with the instructions given on this forum and that appeared to process correctly, but I still could not get in.  So I uninstalled everything - server, console, client, SQL Server, etc.  Rebooted and started over.

This time around, I'm thinking, "not going to change the password - stay safe (if insecure!)".  So I didn't.  After doing some work, I log out.  Now I can't log back in again.  EXACT same problem.  "unable to login as Aministrator or connection error".

Just now, I updated to the latest program based on the announcement in the forum yesterday.  That went fine, but I still can't log in.

Since I've not changed any password, I'm guessing it's the "connection error".  So EVERYTHING is running locally on this machine.  What should I look at to enable this thing to connect (even though it already WAS successfully connected)?

Any help would be welcome.
Thanks!

David, did you find a solution to the login issue? 

david_leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:17:58 AM »
After several reboots, the problem disappeared.  SOMETHING was cross-wise but I can't say that I know what it was.  I'm glad for me and hope that everyone else has the same solution - if not, sorry that this was not a more helpful solution.
Thanks.