Author Topic: Secureline Standalone  (Read 10510 times)

cavehomme2

Secureline Standalone
« on: January 21, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »
I have a license for Avast IS and also a separate one for Secureline and would like to try a particular configuration with Secureline only. I understand that it was only available as a beta, could a forum mods please post a download link or make the last version of the standalone available please? Thanks.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Secureline Standalone
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
Hi,

At the moment, we do not have a standalone version of SecureLine ready.  We are working on it though and hope to launch it in the next few months.

Thanks

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
Hi,

At the moment, we do not have a standalone version of SecureLine ready.  We are working on it though and hope to launch it in the next few months.

Thanks

A "few months", very good to hear.
Thanks for the info. :)

cavehomme2

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
Hi,

Thanks

That's very good news. My question was the availability of the last beta test version shared with the Avast community, I would like to do some test with it please. Can you send me a link here or via a PM?
Thank you.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:57:16 AM »
Hi,

Thanks

That's very good news. My question was the availability of the last beta test version shared with the Avast community, I would like to do some test with it please. Can you send me a link here or via a PM?
Thank you.

Beta test version? ???

cavehomme2

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »
Hi,

Thanks

Thank you.

Beta test version? ???

Last year there was a standalone beta version made available to beta testers, if possible I would like to have a copy of that, so I can do my tests on that version.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
Hi,

Thanks

Thank you.

Beta test version? ???

Last year there was a standalone beta version made available to beta testers, if possible I would like to have a copy of that, so I can do my tests on that version.

Ah, well I personally haven't heard/seen anything as of late.

Offline drake127

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
I believe that we have the release version now ... ;)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »

Really, well where would that information/link be located?? ???

Offline drake127

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »
www.avast.com ... about three screens (depending on size of your screen) down.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
www.avast.com ... about three screens (depending on size of your screen) down.

Thanks drake127.
I have a Year License already for Secureline but have not tried the "standalone"
The odd thing is I use the forum daily and have for years but never came across much of anything about this standalone.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
Ok, installed standalone and inserted License (accepted) BUT this standalone won't stay connected.
Keeps dropping connection.
Never had this problem when using Secureline within Avast Premier. I've read about this issue but never had an issue until now.

Offline drake127

• Avast team
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 06:56:55 PM »
No wonder, we released it about time I wrote the first post. :) You are actually not so voluntary tester and if you have any issues, our SecureLine devs would be thrilled to get some feedback.

When you experience this issue, do you have the avast! installed? Can you send me your SecureLine logs? You would find them in \ProgramData\AVAST Software\SecureLine\log or something like that.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 07:20:37 PM »
No wonder, we released it about time I wrote the first post. :) You are actually not so voluntary tester and if you have any issues, our SecureLine devs would be thrilled to get some feedback.

When you experience this issue, do you have the avast! installed? Can you send me your SecureLine logs? You would find them in \ProgramData\AVAST Software\SecureLine\log or something like that.

Not so voluntary tester???
OK then, I installed SL standalone on a OS that does not have Avast installed.
As for logs because I was not expecting issues and was in the middle of working online I UNINSTALLED Secureline BUT will PM you the logs later when I have time to and can Reinstall the Module.

cavehomme2

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »

Excellent! Just trying it now, seems to work well....so far  ;)