Author Topic: Streaming updates  (Read 7556 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Streaming updates
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
Good for the OP, still nothing here for seven hours.
Well when they are pushed out to the servers that cover your area then you'll get them, as already stated you are receiving streaming updates so you are protected none the less.

Just not at the same level as those getting the current updates.
That makes no sense ??? the streaming updates are the most current as they are delivered every 4 or so minutes, once you receive the VPS it replaces all the streaming updates you have already received.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:35 PM »
Good for the OP, still nothing here for seven hours.
Well when they are pushed out to the servers that cover your area then you'll get them, as already stated you are receiving streaming updates so you are protected none the less.

As already stated, I am NOT getting streaming updates so I am not be protected as I should be.
Please post a screen shot of your settings/updates

Klinker

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »
I've received 180 updates in the last 24 hour period.  However, on my WinXP machine, streaming updates stopped at 8:42 AM EST, with one more update at 2:57 PM EST this afternoon.  Nothing since then.  It seems server r-052-044-234-077.ff.avast.com is possibly to blame.

Thanks for posting. That's the same server I'm stuck on. Usually I can disable/enable streaming updates and it will find another server (which may or may not stream updates, but always worth a try.) Today, disable/enable streaming updates always goes through the same server so I don't know why it's not trying one of those other servers like it normally does.

Anyway, thanks for confirming the streaming update and the particular server you're connected to.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »
That makes no sense ??? the streaming updates are the most current as they are delivered every 4 or so minutes, once you receive the VPS it replaces all the streaming updates you have already received.

I didn't receive streaming updates for over 6 hours, during a time when others were receiving them.  I fully understand that when the next VPS is downloaded that the previous streaming updates are removed.  However, during that 6 hour span, one may be vulnerable to exploit that the missed streaming updates would have provided, IF they had been received.

I am currently receiving streaming updates again, but there was a significant period where the streaming server wasn't delivering them.  Since you are probably served by a different server group, obviously you can't see or understand the problem.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Alicia82

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 08:59:27 AM »
It looks like my streaming updates stopped working again. The last update was around 9:53 EST.
My definition is 140207-1, program version 2014.9.0.2013

I restarted the computer and tried connecting to a different Avast! server (by unchecking/rechecking the enable streaming updates box). It always says everything is up to date. Should I wait it out?

*edit* Never mind. An update literally just came in. Sorry! :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:03:08 AM by Alicia82 »