Author Topic: Problems after installation  (Read 4120 times)

Haralabis

Problems after installation
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:32:58 PM »
Trying to install avast! 4 server edition on a File Server under Windows Nt 4.0 SP6a
Just after installation none of the providers are working
When trying to start avast antivirus the following message appears:

Unknown error.
"avast splash screen" cannot load configuration

after pressing OK the following message appears:

avast!: Unknown error.
Unable to initialize the data storage

When trying to start On Access Protetcion Control the following message appears:

avast!: The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error
The operation could not be completed.

I have checked the version of RPC and the status of both RPC & avast antivirus (both services run automatically at startup).

jayh3

Re: Problems after installation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:19:07 AM »
I purchased the email version of Avast from True North Software and loaded it on after deleting the trial version that expired.  There was no way to enter the "Pin" number after the trial version expired.  I rebooted, but nothing came up for Avast registration and the program is under the Truth North file but doesn't appear to be running.  I have Mcafee running, which will expire this month.  Is Mcafee keeping it from running?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 09:16:53 AM »
Haralabis, you need to install MDAC & Jet updates on the server. They can be freely downloaded from Microsoft.

For NT4, the correct links are:

MDAC: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6C050FE3-C795-4B7D-B037-185D0506396C&displaylang=en
Jet: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4335216c-8cdd-4168-a030-46f815d3f5cd&displaylang=en

jayh3, you'll need to contact TN Software technical support - unfortunately, I have no idea where the problem might be (the mail scanning plugin in IA is supported by TN Soft).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Haralabis

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »
problem solved...

works perfectly!

thanks for your help :)