Author Topic: Change Avast Internet Security Skin from black to white.  (Read 4593 times)

indest

Change Avast Internet Security Skin from black to white.
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:58 AM »
How can I change Avast's (Internet Security) skin? I miss the white skin from the free edition.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Change Avast Internet Security Skin from black to white.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:08:44 AM »
Hi .
Sorry, no can do.
I guess it's hard to please everyone as I prefer the dark to the white. :)

indest

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
So does this mean that those who paid for AIS, thinking they could keep the same color scheme, have something to regret?  Why is there not a simple switch to change skin? Why can't I change the skin using a registry edit?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:46:12 AM »
As far as I know, it's not possible as I believe this was brought up in posts back when the GUI change was implemented.
I'm just a user like yourself, so it is possible I am unaware of alternative. As I said I prefer the dark so I have never researched it. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:59:07 PM »
It isn't a skin as such, not in the same way as the old avast 4.X era had skins and the user could switch to any of the default skins or download additional skins. There were some great skins for avast 4.x.

Avast made the decision to have a different colour scheme between the Free and paid versions. I too would have preferred a darker scheme.

There were a lot of avast users complaining about the white UI as contrast was an issue for many, not to mention bland.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
So does this mean that those who paid for AIS, thinking they could keep the same color scheme, have something to regret?  Why is there not a simple switch to change skin? Why can't I change the skin using a registry edit?
regret!..... so the look of your AV is more important then protection?

indest

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
-.-

Maybe there are other things a user dislikes about AIS and this just piles on the list. At the end of the day, users might ask, was this upgrade worth the $ spent on it....

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »
-.-

Maybe there are other things a user dislikes about AIS and this just piles on the list. At the end of the day, users might ask, was this upgrade worth the $ spent on it....

From a Security standpoint, at "the end of the day" they should be asking, am I protected effectively and successfully? ;)