Author Topic: avast Free froze somewhat near the end of program update?  (Read 1569 times)

Crazeel

avast Free froze somewhat near the end of program update?
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »
I was updating avast! Free to 2014.9.0.2013 when my screen completely froze somewhat near the end! When I turned off and turned back on my computer, avast seems to have updated to the new version and appears to be working properly and with no sign of corruption from the interruption, but I'm not sure. Did the sudden freeze affect the program? Or is it still fully functional despite it?

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: avast Free froze somewhat near the end of program update?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »
I was updating avast! Free to 2014.9.0.2013 when my screen completely froze somewhat near the end! When I turned off and turned back on my computer, avast seems to have updated to the new version and appears to be working properly and with no sign of corruption from the interruption, but I'm not sure. Did the sudden freeze affect the program? Or is it still fully functional despite it?

That's hard to tell since you never mentioned which file/process it froze on..

That being said, to make sure... I'd recommend a repair of your avast! installation:

Control Panel>Program and Features>Uninstall a Program>avast!>Uninstall/Change>[select] Repair > follow instructions > reboot (IMPORTANT)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •