Author Topic: deleted job still running  (Read 2138 times)

throckmorton

deleted job still running
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:08 PM »
We just upgraded to EPS on a non domain environment. I installed the SOA console on my workstation, and, before I got down to configuring jobs, I installed the client on my workstation as well. Next, I modified the scan jobs by deleting the quick scan job and setting the full scan to occur daily. Upon getting these things configured, I proceeded with some additional client installs. What I have now discovered (a few days later) is that the quick scan is still occurring daily on my workstation (in addition to the daily full system scan); however, the quick scan is not happening on the other clients which I installed after its deletion. I then attempted to disable the scheduled quick scan on my client directly, but it is still running.

So, how do I successfully remove this job? And how do I avoid this in the future? This has somewhat shaken my confidence in the console's ability to push jobs in a workgroup environment (although it does seem to have added the full scan schedule successfully). Is this simply because I deleted the job without first disabling it?

nannunannu

Re: deleted job still running
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you have to deploy the job with a new schedule that won't run (I change them to run "Once" so they stop running going forward)...  If you delete the job, you are just orphaning the scheduled job on each workstation; and yes it really isn't obvious, and yes I think we've all done it once or twice with Avast!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:56:07 PM by nannunannu »

throckmorton

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply! So, if I create a new quick scan job set to only run once before I delete it, it should clear this up, right?

nannunannu

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:11:19 PM »
I leave them scheduled in the console, as a reminder of what I did, and so the settings I prefer are always on the management server for any off-line computer to discover (powered down because someone is on vacation when I made the change at the SOA console, or etc); but yes...  If you create a new quick scan job, set to run "once" and make sure every client has checked in with the management server so it has the updated setting you desire, you can delete the job from the SOA console.