Author Topic: Big problems with virus, help neded .  (Read 3223 times)

pinhead

Big problems with virus, help neded .
« on: June 23, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »
First of all, sorry for my bad spelling.

I have a serious virus problem, and I'm using Avast. Here is what it do.

First I received a mail from my own domain www.cafe-neo.se telling me that I used my e-mail for spam. The message subject whas this "our Account is Suspended For Security Reasons". In that mail whas an attachment with a zip file named "importand-details.zip (36Kb)". Well, at this time I did a scan using Norton Antivirus, no virus found, and guess what, stupid like I whas, I opened the dorn file.

After that my harddrive started to work like h-ll, and I pressed ctrl-alt-del to se what process whas going nuts. My taskmanager opend and close at ones. At that time I unplugged the network cable and power cable. I knew I whas screwed.
So, I restarted, I prayed that Norton would find the virus if I did a complete scan. Well, when my computer powered up, the virus closed norton, and closed my firewall. Fun.

So, at this time I got desperate, I downloaded Avast in hope for a fix, no such luck. Avast can't find it. Is there anyone out here that have tip or trick how to solve this.

regards

Andreas

P.S. By the way, I'm using WINXP Pro with SP2.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:48:08 PM by pinhead »

John-

Re: Big problems with virus, help neded .
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »
Hi,

This a typical example off scam emails! NEVER EVER thrust these emails,..there are not true!!
OK, but this doesn't help you,...

- Have you tried a boot scan with Avast!
- Have you tried a online scan with Housecall?
- Try to run a thorough spyware scan
- Try to delete the email you got,...

hope this helps,

John-

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 08:56:50 PM »
oh, and load up the zip file to: http://virusscan.jotti.org/
so you can see what the name is of the virus/malware

Sunny1234

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 08:58:44 PM »
I had same problem in one of my pc. if you are running windows xp, I think you should restore your pc to the date before you clicked the file name.

Doing the search on google  for the file name and subject message you gave, I found this. There is a good chance its a netsky virus and must be a worth a try running a netsky removal tool.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:03:50 PM by Sunny1234 »

pinhead

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:27 PM »
Thank's guys!
Ill have a look and se what I can find..

pinhead

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 09:40:59 PM »
Well, now I have a sh-tt list of different virus to check. Hopefully Ill get lucky...