Author Topic: To Avast Devs  (Read 1384 times)

Malakie

To Avast Devs
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:29:59 AM »
Today I just installed Avast to a clean install system.   

And now I am attempting to install certain software packages as well as restored programming code I wrote.

And now I have no choice but to uninstall Avast.   Why?   Because it is pretty much deleting everything it can.

I tried installing our security camera software.   It deleted it.

I tried copying some of my programming code I have written for some tools we use.    It deletes them all.

The dialog that pops up with the option for adding them to an exclusion list does not work.   The second link that lets me send the file to you as a false positive does work BUT that is not happening because many of these programs are confidential and are not able to be sent due to security reasons at this site.

I am not sure what you have done to your product and it has been a year or so since the last time I used Avast, but I can tell you whatever you have done is not good.   It has gone from one of the better anti virus packages to this.

I do not have the time to sit here and manually enter every single file into Avast as an exclusion.  Especially having to do it manually since the 'add to exclusion' link on the popup does not work.

Even so, your software should NOT be hitting on just about everything it can NOR should it be automatically deleting files without user input.

I have tried turning off options in setting but it does not seem to matter.   

And I see in the forums MANY people are having similar issues.

Sadly I have no choice but to move to something else.  Perhaps in the future you will get back to the basics and fix these issues.  But for now, whatever you have done to your software has made this unusable to many of us.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: To Avast Devs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
This is a common issue with no viable resolution. Whenever any software developer creates something
new and different avast automatically disallows it to run. It's the nature of the developers software which
causes avast to react. Basically it's the "unknown" part that causes the problems.

My advice is to "not" install avast until the software is at the very least out of the "alpha" stage.
Once the software is in the beta stage then the software could/should be tested with an anti-virus.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.