Author Topic: You just lost a paying customer  (Read 3127 times)

lrnav

You just lost a paying customer
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »
Called the support center. To ask for help with a error. She gave the very hard sales pitch to sell support. I told her no many times. Not only did she not help me when I said no to buying support for a product that we bought. But she insulted me many times. I kept telling her I was the tech here. I only needed help with a a proprietary piece of software that was throwing up an error after updating it. She kept telling me that I take the computer to a shop because the OS is ~~old. Yes I know the OS is old. When we bought the software that did not seem to be an issue. Now that I am experiencing problems it is now an issue. She was not nice and started getting angry and louder on the phone. That was when I started getting angry myself. I do not appreciate being insulted. Bottom line was your tech people could install a new exe file. I asked her where I could download the executable she said for $119 I could get help for a year. They would take care of our machine. I do not need anybody taking care of my machines here. I am very capable. I have been building, servicing, and maintaining PC's since 1994.

No, I do not know everything. No, I do not understand everything. I do know when to ask for help so that the issue can be resolved. I also deal with customers on a daily basis. If me or my people talked to our customers like that they would not work for us very long. Now I am mad all over again and just ranting. Bottom line You have just lost a paying customer. Will not look back.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:49:14 AM by lrnav »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: You just lost a paying customer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »
Another issue with the third party support...

The best place for support is the forums... third party support is known to scam for money/nonsense

This should fix the issue you have with updating.

I'd recommend a clean install to v9.0.2013

1. Download Avastclear, Rejzors uninstall tool and the appropriate Avast program edition

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup_online.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_internet_security_setup_online.exe
http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup_online.exe

Avastclear : http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe
Rejzors Uninstall tool: http://rejzor.wordpress.com/avast-cleanup-tool/

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #4]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear.
4. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.
ReplyQuoteNotify
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

lrnav

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
I uninstalled and reinstalled avast twice. used the cleanup tool to remove left overs. Had same error. Did not find a satisfactory solution in the forum for my situation so Uninstalled it again, cleaned up,  Reinstalled another anti~~~suite.  Problem gone.

Thank you for your very fast reply.  Now just mad and insulted. and mad. So will stay with the other suite for now. Thank you for every thing. There are so many helpful and knowledgeable people/techs here in the forums. I find myself going to the forums to find answers for just about everything. It has been people in the forums that have guided to where I am now. Very thankful for that. I will keep visiting forums and keep learning.  Thank you for everything.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »
I uninstalled and reinstalled avast twice. used the cleanup tool to remove left overs. Had same error. Did not find a satisfactory solution in the forum for my situation so Uninstalled it again, cleaned up,  Reinstalled another anti~~~suite.  Problem gone.

Thank you for your very fast reply.  Now just mad and insulted. and mad. So will stay with the other suite for now. Thank you for every thing. There are so many helpful and knowledgeable people/techs here in the forums. I find myself going to the forums to find answers for just about everything. It has been people in the forums that have guided to where I am now. Very thankful for that. I will keep visiting forums and keep learning.  Thank you for everything.

Just to confirm, you did use the installer I linked? (It's a different installer than the normal one)?

Did the affected machine have any other firewall installed?

Do you have any logs of the affected avast installation?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:04:44 AM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline digmor crusher

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 05:32:09 AM »
Just wondering, is the sticky for Avast Total Support still valid? Is it the phone number where some of these people are having problems? If so it should be removed.

lrnav

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
Hi Alikhan,

Wow, very fast replys thank you.
By the time I posted in the forum I had already uninstalled Avast and reinstalled the other suite. No did not use your Rejzors uninstall tool I used Avast's avastclear.exe. Then ran a couple other reg type cleaner programs. Will your Rejzors program still clean up possible things missed from Avast and other programs also?

That machine at the time only had Avast installed. I did update adobe stuff today on that machine.

Anyway..

The logs I believe were also deleted, when the clean up programs were run. However, when I get a chance I will check and see if they are there or not.

Thanks again for everything.

Hi digmor crusher,
the phone number I used was (866)951-7679
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:01:06 PM by lrnav »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
Yes! Rejzor's clean-up tool cleans the deeper drivers among other things.

To get to the logs you will need to do a clean install of avast.

Also, never use that phone number it's a pathetic excuse for support.
The forums are free, we don't charge a thing and you will get better results.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline EdAgee

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
Yes! Rejzor's clean-up tool cleans the deeper drivers among other things.

To get to the logs you will need to do a clean install of avast.

Also, never use that phone number it's a pathetic excuse for support.
The forums are free, we don't charge a thing and you will get better results.  8)

Confusing here and is this the one to never use http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=111435.0

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
Confusing here and is this the one to never use http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=111435.0
Yes! They will do their best to rip you off for around $170 US.
It's a scam which IMHO avast should do without.
You get better help here and get this...it's free.

If one us can't help you someone else can.
With users around the globe there is always a forum member online 24/7.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
Hi Alikhan,

Wow, very fast replys thank you.
By the time I posted in the forum I had already uninstalled Avast and reinstalled the other suite. No did not use your Rejzors uninstall tool I used Avast's avastclear.exe. Then ran a couple other reg type cleaner programs. Will your Rejzors program still clean up possible things missed from Avast and other programs also?

That machine at the time only had Avast installed. I did update adobe stuff today on that machine.

Anyway..

The logs I believe were also deleted, when the clean up programs were run. However, when I get a chance I will check and see if they are there or not.

Thanks again for everything.

Hi digmor crusher,
the phone number I used was (866)951-7679

I also meant the installer. It's a different one. It's a stub online installer which fixes problems if they occur with the normal installer.

There's a bug in some offline installers regarding the SFX which results in corrupt installs/updates.