Author Topic: Avast never notified me of the new update  (Read 1456 times)

Offline leftisthominid

Avast never notified me of the new update
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
I had the "ask me when" update setting, but I never got the update (I just realized there was a program update the definitions did not update to 29-0). Anyways I am updated now, but does anyone know why I was not informed by the program. (I now changed it to automatic updates).

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast never notified me of the new update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:01:33 PM »
Hello there ^^, can you please check if your avast is in silent/gaming mode? I think this may cause avast not to ask you before updating :)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
The program update if set to automatic or ask me could take a number of weeks for you to be notified.

I think it's based on the server load.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline leftisthominid

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »
I have both silent modes unchecked. I do often have the problem where avast! IS does not give me proper notification of definition updates (i.e., definitions update but instead of getting an update popup and sound, I either get nothing or an avast! VPN popup). Maybe these two are related? (or maybe it could just be the server load noted above)