Author Topic: Impressions of the newbie about avast! 4.6 Home Edition  (Read 2416 times)

RexSep

Impressions of the newbie about avast! 4.6 Home Edition
« on: June 24, 2005, 02:41:33 AM »
This letter I have sent some days back to the address: support@avast.com. The answer and has not received. Therefore also it is necessary to go on a forum...

Dear sirs!

Unfortunately, I do not know neither English, nor Czech, therefore it is necessary to write this letter in Russian, and then with the help of a computer to translate on English. The answer would prefer to receive in Russian.

I generally prefer "KAV Personal" but in case this program incorrectly will start "???????" (to work), I for emergency have last year's distribution kit " AVAST! Home Edition ". In middle of March, 2005 I have tested this program (used within approximately ten days) then has received a 14-month's key to the program.

In June for me again badly began work "KAV Personal" and and I again uninstalled it (him) and installed "AVAST!". And I had what remarks (positive and negative).

1. "AVAST" I have received a key to the program approximately March, 10, 2005 for the period of 14 months. However, when June, 22 again installed the program, the key appeared valid not till May, 10, 2006 and not till August, 20, 2006, and till June, 1, 2006. Why so? You now give keys on other term?

2. It is good, that now "AVAST!" Registers in autoloading. However it is not clear: if I include a mailer ("Outlook Express", "The Bat!"...) before I shall open a window of the program "AVAST! Home Edition" - incoming mail will be all the same checked up by an antivirus whether or not?

3. It is a pity, that upon termination of anti-virus check the report on check (such directories were checked, files are checked up so much, such viruses are found out) it is impossible
To keep in a text file-, for example, to send on email.

4. At attempt to adjust sounds (through a window of "Adjustment of the program" - "Sound") a computer "hangs" (I do not know, how it is translated on English; "hangs" - means "ceases to react to commands"). And if I the same sounds try to adjust through Control panel Windows does not hang.

5. At attempt to download interfaces of several other languages the program convinced me, that the interfaces chosen  and files "weigh" only 20 kilobyte.  When has reached the loading (download) - appeared, that I should receive not less than three megabytes (it was necessary to stop loading of packages preschedully). What for to confuse people?

6. It is insulting, that till now there is no file of the information (inquiry) in Russian.

7. It is a pity, that it is impossible to adjust frequency of automatic updating. Similar, at you updating of bases leave once in three days, however the program offers to update bases in each three hours. Why I can not give the task to the program: to update bases once a day, time in three days or once a week (on my choice)?