Author Topic: If all your internet browsers keep circling, not going anywhere or very slow  (Read 5075 times)

animatus603

Disable Avast. You get back to the speed you have been deserved. I tested Avast for 3 months on multiple computers at different locations with IE, Firefox, Chrome. I tested avast and bitdefender because I thought I might consider this to  replace AVG business if it turns out good after reading AV Comparatives report. Internet browsing becomes slow, sometimes, it just blocks internet browsing for long time. I had to do the same on all machines, stop and restart avast. Disabling avast add-on sometimes help, but I think that's what this bad boy has to do, secure browsing.

Good luck to avast lover. I can tell you one thing after testing 3 months. you deserve more bandwidth and less trouble than swimming in security police making your computer not working. Symantec Endpoint is on top of course, though.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
If you had been having issues for three months why did you not report before ???

No issues here with browsing speed but as you have supplied no details whatsoever about what version of avast you are using and other security software installed with avast and on what system this is happening on then I'm afraid no one can help you ::)

animatus603

Not any security software is installed, only avast free installed. Auto update is enabled weekly.
scan runs without lag, just internet browsing problem.
ping returns fine.
tracert returns fine.
DNS, nslookup returns fine.
Only internet browser opens website slow. disable/enable avast fixes problem temporarily. Later the problem happens again.
playing with internet options, clearing browsing history, connection type, same result comparing to untouched computers with avast free.
I tested for 3 months because I have lots of time to see how it works patiently with both physical pcs and virtual machines and didn't want to conclude quickly it's avast. I uninstalled avast on all machines, now without counting seconds which takes to open websites I have on my testing list, I can easily feel it's superfast, same as I installed windows os.
Instead of telling me why I hate avast, tell their team to do something. I'm here to tell my experience with environment which I think it's too hard for anyone to blame my system problem.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
All I can say is I have 2014.9.0.2013 installed on roughly 18 systems at the moment and their all fast with no browsing issues at all but I don't install AOS ( Browser Protection ) on any of them.

pyenme

I am not a computer tech. I see where animatus603 has already done all the things I would have paid a tech to do for me. I sent a message a week ago about this problem, with all the system info and details requested, that generated a tech ticket - and I have never heard back. So much for providing the information needed to get someone in customer service to respond. I have updated my message twice, asking for someone to get back to me. All this happened after I updated my Avast with the basic PAID update. I not only have crawling speed and jerking pages as I try to scroll, ads in the margins say "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage", pages lock up and I have to shut off my computer, links from emails may or may not work, and the back button takes twice or three times to work depending on the website. Avast tried to install Chrome, and I stopped it. I don't want Chrome on my computer - I see what it does on our computers at work. I asked to have these issues fixed or uninstall and refund my money. Where is the customer service?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
pyenme you should be opening a topic of your own but from what you are saying I'd suggest you to uninstall the Browser Protection module, that should cure your problem.

Note that repeat replies to support puts you back at the end of the waiting list.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:32:43 AM by craigb »

pyenme

I don't know why I should open a topic of my own when I am adding to this one telling you about the same issue animatus603 is talking about. While I will try what you recommend, I am still unhappy about not getting any answers from Avast customer service, which is why I looked to the forum for someone having the same issues. If Avast had answered to begin with, I wouldn't have been frustrated enough to post again on that ticket. And wouldn't it be nice if they told you you were being moved to the back of the line with a new post? No, that would be good customer service.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
I don't know why I should open a topic of my own when I am adding to this one telling you about the same issue animatus603 is talking about. While I will try what you recommend, I am still unhappy about not getting any answers from Avast customer service, which is why I looked to the forum for someone having the same issues. If Avast had answered to begin with, I wouldn't have been frustrated enough to post again on that ticket. And wouldn't it be nice if they told you you were being moved to the back of the line with a new post? No, that would be good customer service.
This is why I mentioned opening your own topic as now this discussion goes off in a different direction than what was intended by the OP for his own issue.

Your lucky that you ended up here for your support because it's free, you would have to pay for the provided third party support supplied elsewhere.

Daemon Ryuou

Thanks for posting this! I've been having this issue a lot lately, and have been completely confused by it. At first I thought I was simply having trouble with my router, but one day I happened to be using TOR to download a multi-part file from depositfiles and noticed it didn't suffer the same problem. It's probably because Avast is ignoring TOR since the packets are encrypted.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:36:52 AM by Daemon Ryuou »

lman

I am using Windows XP. Websites partially load and then apparently the webshield blocks the internet and some pages will not finish loading. If I turn off webshield all pages load normally. I did not install browser protection. I have used Avast for years and had no problem until this version came along. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I consistently have the same problems. I am now using a different AV as browsing was impossible unless I turned the webshield off. I will try Avast again if this is fixed.

Offline winactive

Yes, it is definitely broken. Avast! 9.0 Free - turn off Browser Protection.
Now Scripting Shield for hanging pages also turned off, pretty soon it won't have any active modules.

zorgon

I also get sporadic slowdowns especially with Google Search. When I disable Web Shield, results pop right up, otherwise I could be waiting for 10 seconds or longer.