Author Topic: URGENT phone locked anti-theft forgot pin  (Read 9027 times)

Zarah

URGENT phone locked anti-theft forgot pin
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
Hi. I encountered a problem regarding the Anti-Theft feature. I changed my sim and when I opened my phone, I can no longer access it because I forgot my avast! Pin. I did not receive any message regarding the recovery pin. I opened my gmail account but the notification did not mention anything about recovery pin or any pin that would enable me to access my phone. I think I was not able to pair my phone with this account in the internet. How can I re-access my phone? Please do reply. Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:35:41 PM by Eddy »

Zarah

Re: URGENT phone locked anti-theft forgot pin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Thanks but the numbers I think I've set on the settings haven't received any recovery pin message. How can I re-access my phone then?

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »
replied via PN

caramel31

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:22:55 PM »
Hi,
Same question as many others.
I just remove the SIMcard to put in another phone and the phone locked :(
I put the simcard back but of course, it is still blocked.
I asked for a temporary PIN, but the message is sent to the blocked phone. And when I restart the phone again to get the few seconds to read the pin number in the message, the temporary code is not working anymore.

The question is how to unlock when you can unlock the phone few seconds but can not get the new avast in code because the SMS sent to the phone in the previous session seems not be valid even one minute later :(
At least, it is efficient even if very annoying today :(

Best regards
Olivier

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:00:10 PM »
I have same problem. Changed my sim card for new phone company and Avast locked my phone. I thought I had removed the software some time ago as it caused problems. The pin or password number does not work and the phone number to contact no longer exists. It has the screen, THIS PHONE IS LOST OR STOLEN.

What can I do to unlock my phone.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
Hi,

my old phone ist locked by the avast pin. My SIM card is already in my new phone and I can not put it back into the old phone, because of different SIM sizes. How and where do I get an unlock pin? I need some data on the old phone. Hard reset is no option.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »
Hi, my old phone ist locked by the avast pin. My SIM card is already in my new phone and I can not put it back into the old phone, because of different SIM sizes. How and where do I get an unlock pin? I need some data on the old phone. Hard reset is no option.
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB66#idt_390
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0