Author Topic: Registration ???  (Read 3068 times)

jubal

Registration ???
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
  Having looked through the FAQ's, searched AVAST.com and this Forum, can someone please tell me why, when I click the Registration button, that the Administrative Password is requested/demanded(what's the difference).

thank you, jubal

Hellopeople

Re: Registration ???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »
Administrative password is required because avast! is trying to make changes to itself/folders/System.

Cheers,
Hello

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
Administrator password is required, because avast stores a registration data to its configuration file that is owned by root. This behavior will change in the future as we will have a central service taking care of similar operations.

Miriell

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »
Can anyone help me with registration my Avast Pro for Macs.  :(  My trial period is finishing but when I try to register the form keeps rejecting my email address even though its been accepted and approved for this forum.  Anyone find a way round this.  Even the support form rejects my email address also so I am stuck and don't know who I can contact to correct this and be able to register my product.  Any suggestions welcome please.  Thanks   :)

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »
Can anyone help me with registration my Avast Pro for Macs.  :(  My trial period is finishing but when I try to register the form keeps rejecting my email address even though its been accepted and approved for this forum.  Anyone find a way round this.  Even the support form rejects my email address also so I am stuck and don't know who I can contact to correct this and be able to register my product.  Any suggestions welcome please.  Thanks   :)

Suggestions? Use a different email address (without symbols in it).