Author Topic: i cannt remove this virus(netsky-z)  (Read 4037 times)

jawaherbar.com

i cannt remove this virus(netsky-z)
« on: May 28, 2004, 08:50:26 PM »
Hi there
I want to thank you for this great program

But i have problem
i cannt remove this virus it called netsky-z

and i downloaded avast! Virus Cleaner Tool - version 1.0.187 Unicode
but it also didnt remove the vrius

what can i do ????

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:i cannt remove this virus(netsky-z)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 10:56:54 PM »
Where exactly was the virus detected? (the full path)
Additionally, what does it mean that the Cleaner didn't remove it - it didn't find it, or it came back, or...?

techie101

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 11:28:46 PM »
jaw,

In order for Igor to provide futher assistance, more info is needed.
It is vital now to determine why the Avast Cleaner did not remove the virus.

A bit of background on Netsky so you can understand it.  It is classified as a Worm which is received via infected email.   The virus then "drops" a dll file (dynamic link library) into memory from where it runs.  It also adds an entry to your registry files so the virus will run on each Windows startup.
One of the bad things about Netsky is that it can "grab" you email list and propagate itself by sending the infected file to everyone in your list.

Even though you said you could not "remove" the virus..........
Did you try to move it to the Chest?  If you can move it, then it can't hurt your system until we figure out how to remove it.

I would suggest that you do not run your email client until this gets resolved.

Techie

jawaherbar.com

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 09:20:31 PM »
thanks for your reply

the cleaner didnt find the virus
also i cannt remove or rename or move it to the Chest by avast anti virus

the virus found in file name :
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\{1061A869-3985-4C6D-BD9F-84230187524C}\Message Store\Attachments\ATT19.eml\Details.zip\Details.txt                                                                                                                                     .exe

note: there's many space in the file name

please help me

Ali from Yemen

whocares

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 09:32:07 PM »
Hi,

please send the file Details.zip in folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\{1061A869-3985-4C6D-BD9F-84230187524C}\Message Store\Attachments\ATT19.eml
to virus@avast.com

or send file ATT19.eml in folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\IM\Identities\{1061A869-3985-4C6D-BD9F-84230187524C}\Message Store\Attachments\
 to avast

then delete the file(s) manually, or delete the offending Email from within your Incredimail-programm;
pause avast shield for this, and be sure to empty the IM-Trash & COMPACT all mail folders in IM
 ;)

anderson zinher

Re: i cannt remove this virus(netsky-z)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »
ola gostaria que me ajudassem como faço pra desinstalar ...awesomehp... ja desinstalei ele la no desinstalar programas não ta mais nos programas intalados mais ele continua la quando abro a internet é como um procurador de sites desinstalei outro anti virus e instalei o avast pra ver se o avast tirava mais até agora ele continua.