Author Topic: Absolutely terrible customer service just lost a customer  (Read 2663 times)

Absolutely terrible customer service just lost a customer
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:10 AM »
I had to create an account here just to say avast has the worst service I have ever encountered. I've had more success with dell support and that's saying something. I bought their product about a week ago and I never received it. I called the support center and they told me that I never bought it and told me the only way they could fix it was if I bought more stuff from them! All I want was the product I paid for! I'm lucky I bought it through paypal so I can dispute it or I don't think I would have ever gotten my money back. They wouldn't even give me a refund because they said I never bought it.

I understand that the help line and this forum are both third party, but I had to vent somewhere because it's not like I can contact avast directly with my issues. It seems like they don't even care. I really wanted to use avast but there is no way I am buying anything from them again, and I am going to tell everyone who will listen what a terrible company they are.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Absolutely terrible customer service just lost a customer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »
The forum isn't third party, the moderators are avast team and developers do get involved, for the most part there are avast users helping other avast users.

You don't get sent the program if that is what you mean, you download that, you should have receiver an email receipt with an attached license file (license.avastlic), did you receive an email with the license file ?

You can also use the Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

Direct download locations:
Pro AV:  - http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
AIS:     - http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
Premier: - http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premier_antivirus_setup.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:00:40 AM »
Did you perhaps made a mistake when giving the email address when buying it ?
A little type-error is easily made.

And as far as not being able to contact avast directly...
As DavidR said, this webboard is part of avast and the people from avast are here.

Besides that, never heard about a phonebook? ;)
http://www.avast.com/en-us/contact-form.php

and,, never heard about a phonebook? ;) :
AVAST Software a.s..
Trianon Office Building Budejovicka 1518/13a 140 00
Prague 4
Czech Republic
Telefon: 00 420 274 005 777

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:34 AM »
I never got an email at all in the first place. It wasn't a problem with downloading it, I just needed to activate it. The first thing I did was try to resend the license, and got an email that said I never bought it. I submitted a ticket that got no response after about a week of waiting.

I called the support line to ask why and they said I never bought anything, but my bank statement says otherwise. Even if I did make a mistake with my email (chome auto-filled it so i don't see how), I also gave them my name, phone number, and the order reference number they gave me with my online receipt. That should have been more than enough info to retrieve my information. I had enough of their "help" so I asked for a refund. They said I never bought anything so they couldn't refund anything. They went on to say the only way they could help me further was if I bought something else. I hung up and disputed the charge through paypal.

The only reason I wanted to contact avast at that point was to let them know how unsatisfied I was. All I wanted was the product I paid for, which is too much to ask I guess. All I want now is my money back and for people to know what happened to me so it doesn't happen to them too.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:17:26 AM »
First is was Paypal, now it is a bank statement?
Did you check the email that you supplied when buying?
Is it mentioned on the paypal/bank details?
Have you checked that the money wasn't returned by Paypal and/or your bank already?
Could be they had a trouble transferring it.
Sometimes you give a order, the money is deducted from your account.
But if there was a problem it can be they undid the transfer and deposited the money back on your account.

AdrianH

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:23 AM »
If you purchased via PayPal there would have been an instant confirmation email direct from PayPal, this happens for ALL transactions via their system.