Author Topic: Tiny Avast Bug - ashQuick.exe  (Read 3643 times)

rwarederek

Tiny Avast Bug - ashQuick.exe
« on: October 13, 2003, 12:03:14 AM »
Hey all

I'm the developer for Sentinel over at Runtimeware.com - My product is basically an anti-virus supplement that will help the AV product find hidden threats.

A customer emailed me asking me for support for Avast concerning the ashQuick.exe file (which is used by Avast to scan files on demand).  His problem was that he was receiving an "Dialog error 1400" whenever ashQuick.exe was shelled.  After installing Avast and testing it myself, I found that ashQuick.exe would generate that error if it was shelled but not given focus.  To reproduce the error, all you need to do it shell the ashQuick.exe and not give it focus (IE: let it open minimized).  To get around this problem with existing versions of my product, a user is required to click on the titlebar in the systray of ashQuick before that error is received.

I found that similar errors will pop up if the window is sometimes minimized before the scanning completes (I have seen other similar bug submittions these forums - and may be generated from the same sort of behavior).

Derek

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Tiny Avast Bug - ashQuick.exe
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:11:47 AM »
I could not reproduce your bugs...  :'(
For me, ashquick even without focus is ok  ;D
Are you using the version 4.1.280 ?
The best things in life are free.