Author Topic: Avast Blocking Magic Launcher  (Read 1624 times)

songbird72884

Avast Blocking Magic Launcher
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:03:06 AM »
Hi all,

I use Magic Launcher to play Minecraft, and have normally had no issues whatsoever with it. However, in the last few days, it suddenly stopped working. After extensive checking, I've narrowed down the issue to Avast stopping it from working properly somehow. I'm not sure what exactly is happening, but if I disable Avast, I can load/ create a new world in Minecraft without any issues. However, if I try to do the same with Avast running, Magic Launcher crashes.

I have no idea what's going on, and I'm at a loss as to what I should be doing in terms of getting Avast to allow Magic Launcher to run. I've tried adding it as an exception in the firewall settings, but I don't know if I'm doing it right, and since there are various dependencies, I don't know if I'm adding everything that needs to be added (java, minecraft etc).

Does anyone with Magic Launcher experience know how to deal with it? Or anyone at all who's better at tracking down instructions than I am?

(I'm not getting any error message or alert from Avast, and am using the paid version of Avast Internet Security on Windows 8)

songbird72884

Re: Avast Blocking Magic Launcher
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
Managed to figure it out: apparently I had the previous version of Avast installed, which was incompatible with Minecraft 1.7 apparently. I've updated Avast and lo and behold, it's working perfectly again.

Not sure if I'm able to close or delete this thread, but thought I'd leave the info here for anyone who may have the same problem :)