Author Topic: Avast Free for an overseas mission school?  (Read 3671 times)

RRKolb

Avast Free for an overseas mission school?
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:15:18 AM »
Greetings.  I am a volunteer providing IT consultation support at an accredited K-12 school in Papua, Indonesia that serves children from missionary families.  Many of the families we support are from the United States serving with US based non-profit organizations. 

We have approximately 150 computers distributed between two labs, the classrooms and office.  We are in need of an economical, yet effective, antivirus software.  The AV software must have minimal bandwidth impact on our satellite based Internet connection.  Avast Free would be an ideal AV tool for us.  Unfortunately, we are located outside the regions specified by Avast in the school support program. 

Would Avast be willing to permit us to use their Avast Free software?  I would be glad to provide more information to Avast regarding our school. 

Terima Kasih (Thank you)! 

Roger

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Avast Free for an overseas mission school?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:44:29 AM »
Hi RRKolb,

Hopefully your free for education account is applicable -> http://www.avast.com/en-us/education
Hopefully  an avast team member here could ask those that preside over the avast! 2014 free for education accounts to think up a solution for you.
I bump this posting to moderation and maybe you get a favorable answer - avast! is a great free av solution for the younger generations!

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

kholova

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
Hi RRKolb,

please contact me on kholova@avast.com and I will let you know what are the possibilities for your school.

Have a nice day,
Pavla

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
Hi Roger,

My name Yanto Chiang and i am stay in west of java called Jakarta, Indonesia. May I know have you got your application that you looking for?

If not, please feel free to contact us with the email address or my mobile number that I message you personally.

Cheers,
Yanto Chiang
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:02:04 PM by Yanto.Chiang »
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya