Author Topic: Web Pages won't load unless refreshed/reloaded  (Read 13505 times)

finzpot

Web Pages won't load unless refreshed/reloaded
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
AAARRGGHH   this last couple updates to AVAST STINK! Ever since upgrading to the latest AVAST Free Version my pages won't usually load unless I stop the loading and refresh/reload the page. This REALLY screws things up when trying to build websites that require form submissions.

I have all the latest windows patches all my drivers and software up to date.

System specs are as follows:
Windows 7 Pro x64
AMD FX8150 CPU
8 GB RAM
Browsers affected so far Any version of firefox. The issue does not seem as severe with other browsers but load times are significantly longer than normal.

I have been tweaking and adjusting settings regarding Webshield for a week now and I am at a loss. Any suggestions? complete removal and reinstall has been done with zero change.

Tks much!

Roy

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Web Pages won't load unless refreshed/reloaded
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »
Disable Avast Online Security addon and see if that makes a difference

finzpot

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »
already done... killing AOS was the fist thing I did... been diabled since the first day AVAST issued the irritating thing. even with AOS extension disabled and webshield options all unchecked AND permanently disabled  pages still won't load the first time hit. This version of avast is starting to cost me a significant amount of lost time which equals money.

Any other ideas?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »
Are you using FF27 ?  As there appear to be a few problems with that

Also when you upgraded to V9 did you install over the top or do a clean install

finzpot

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »
Currently FF27I have had this issue since V25 or so of FF and I have done both an install over top AND a clean install... issues are still present.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »
Have you tried to run FF v23 or v24?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

finzpot

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
@ Para-Noid - To be honest, no I haven't. I will just have to suck up the issue for now as I have a major project due soon and I can't spare the troubleshooting time right now. I will revisit this thread shortly. tks all for the help and ideas so far.

1raindog

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
I have the same problem. Pages won't open (often, not always) but if I click Stop and then Refresh, they usually load instantly. The other problem which seems to be part of this is when they do load, many times they appear to be completely loaded but the page loaded icon at the end of my address window keeps spinning. If I don't click Stop, the page will eventually switch to a page not found or not accessible message even though it was OK. I'm using FF 27.0.1

The Avast Forum home page that's open on another tab has a spinning icon right now.....I'm waiting...now it has switched to "Problem loading page" on the tab and "Connection was reset" on the page itself although the page was fine before that. I haven't seen these problems when I temporarily disable Avast.

Someone needs to come up with a fix because with other good, free virus programs out there, it's quicker and easier to switch to another one than spending time searching for answers, posting at forums and waiting for an answer.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:46:19 PM by 1raindog »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
Try the new beta it has several fixes. See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147290.msg1069416#msg1069416

The improved stream filter helps my Firefox load pages faster and scrolling is much smoother.
Because of better stream filtering I have switched my default browser back to Firefox.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

1raindog

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »
Thanks, I'll try it.

1raindog

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
I still have the problem with the beta version. As soon as I disable Avast, the problem doesn't happen anymore.

1raindog

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36:30 PM »
I had to uninstall that beta version. Every time I re-enabled the shields after disabling them for 10 minutes, I got a yellow icon with a black exclamation mark in it over the Avast icon in the system tray. It would never enable the shields again, and when I tried to open Avast by clicking on the icon, the user interface wouldn't open. I had to restart the computer both times I disabled the shields because there was no way to re-enable them.

I did a complete uninstall and re-installed the latest non-beta version (2014.9.0.2013). The web page loading problem is still there except for when I disable all shields.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »
What other security software do you have now or ever had?
If uninstalled how was it removed? 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
How did you uninstall/install ?

1raindog

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
I uninstalled with Advanced Uninstaller Pro and I let it remove any registry entries that were associated with Avast.

I may have had AVG on this computer in the past and I currently have Zone Alarm, and Do Not Track Me and Ad Block Plus as add-ons to Firefox.