Author Topic: Web Pages won't load unless refreshed/reloaded  (Read 13510 times)

1raindog

Re: Web Pages won't load unless refreshed/reloaded
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »
Every time I come to this page, my indicator for page loading spins continuously although the page loaded within about 3 seconds.

HawaiianHope

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »
Question, Are you positive it is Avast ?

I had this same problem on 2 computers on a network of 13 machines.  All had Avast on them, but only 2 of them freaked out. ALL computers are the identical image, Windows XP Pro, Avast, Internet Explorer 8 only (not FF or anything else)
On one of the computers i reverted to Explorer 6, the problem went away. I put I.E. 8 back on the computer and the problem showed right back up. Looking at the page code, it appeared that not all of the HTML page code actually made it through transmission. Chunks of page code were not where they were supposed to be and that is what caused the page to nt display properly. Yes, hitting reload corrected the problem.

1raindog

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 03:34:59 AM »
I didn't have any problem with parts of the pages missing. The pages always appeared to be completely loaded or they wouldn't load at all and I would have to click refresh.

I uninstalled Avast today and installed AVG. I've been using it for about 10 hours now with no need to refresh to make any pages load or any instances of the spinning indicator telling me that pages aren't completely loaded. They're all loading quickly and completely with no problems at all.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:36:53 AM by 1raindog »