Author Topic: Need To Be Aware Of  (Read 2167 times)

TransitMan

Need To Be Aware Of
« on: June 27, 2005, 04:14:42 AM »
I have Avast! installed on my WinXPHE system, and lately, within the last 3 weeks, I have been experiencing BSOD's.
I have gone and made sure all my drivers were updated, no problems with any installed programs, that is until I had someone over at http://www.broadbandreports.com/ look at my MiniDump log.
They found this tid-bit -  AV driver (aswTdi.SYS).
A search of my drive found 3 locations of that particular file, one in the Setup/.inf (36KB), one in the Setup/inf/AMD64 (41KB), and in Setup/inf/IA64 (94KB). All three files are of different sizes and apparently causing conflicts in a Windows 32-bit enviroment.
So anyone who is experiencing a BSOD and have exhausted all other options, DELETE all references to 64 bit versions in the Setup file.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Need To Be Aware Of
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
Well, I'm quite sure that the problem is somewhere else. The drivers in setup folder are certainly not loaded, so deleting them doesn't have any sense (besides, avast! setup will put them back as soon as it notices that you have deleted them, which will probably be during the next virus database update).

Can you send the minidumps to vlk@avast.com ?
Thanks.