Author Topic: Avast Isn't Showing Perfect or Results of Scanning Items  (Read 4703 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast Isn't Showing Perfect or Results of Scanning Items
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
I don't think a system restore will fix this problem. Are there any other FREE anti-virus programs that are worth using?

The only reason I mentioned a system restore is to allow you to make a fresh "clean" install.
Like I said it may sound extreme but if it works...
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

napy666

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
No all other programs are running fine.

norky69

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:42 AM »
napy666,

I had the exact same problem with the blank scan pop-up window. I did two things that seemed to fix the issue:
1. I restored factory defaults:
a. First back up your settings just in case you need them: Open avast program window - Settings - General in the new window - scroll to the bottom and click "Back up settings"
b. Then stay in the same window and click on Troubleshooting - click on "Reset now".

2. Then Repair avast as already described here:
Open your "Programs and Features" from the Control Panel - right-click on avast and Uninstall/Change then Repair.

Doing these two actions seems to fix my problem and now it displays the scan results.
I hope this helps.

All the best,
Norbert

napy666

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 08:26:51 AM »
That DID NOT work!