Author Topic: wscript/shortcut virus  (Read 7070 times)

ZosoPage

Re: wscript/shortcut virus
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 03:15:45 PM »
Wow, thank you very much! All devices are virus-free now  :D

It seems like the phone was not infected after all, just had some .lnk files and hidden folders (which MCShield corrected), but the virus was not there because I did run the avast antivirus and found nothing. For the USB I reformatted and it's fine now. But I still have a question: in the phone appeared a file called "config.dat", should I delete it?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
It seems like the phone was not infected after all, just had some .lnk files and hidden folders (which MCShield corrected), but the virus was not there because I did run the avast antivirus and found nothing.
or MCShield killed it ..... see the bottom of your MCShield phone log ....58 files deleted.   ;)

ZosoPage

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
Yeah, MCShield killed it for sure! But I mean, the phone got infected again after MCShield did its work, so when I plugged in the phone again this morning MCShield detected a lot of malicious files again and deleted them, and now it's clean :)

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue  :P

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 04:36:50 PM »
The main cleaner was probably a combination of anti-vbs and MCShield in tandem.  Anti-vbs managed to kill the infector file and MCShield second run reset the link files

In that case methinks I will send you on your merry way :)

Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Download and run Delfix

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe  :wave:

ZosoPage

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
Alright!, everything seems to work fine until now. You can close this thread if you want

Thank you very much for all the help you provided. Keep up the good work!  ;D