Author Topic: Avast Won't Update  (Read 44291 times)

Daedalus44

Re: Avast Won't Update
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 01:42:47 AM »
THINK I FOUND THE ANSWER

So, I was having the exact same issue on this thread....

When I went to Control Panel to do my repair.... I notice the update option was actually in the avast UI that came up when I clicked UnInstall/Change Program.

This updated properly and prompted me to reboot my computer. After rebooting I was kinda of skeptical that it had actually updated. Checked the versions though....

Matched... BAM!!! fixed for me

Hope this helps someone

Daedalus44

psxanarchist

Re: Avast Won't Update
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 09:13:48 AM »
THINK I FOUND THE ANSWER

So, I was having the exact same issue on this thread....

When I went to Control Panel to do my repair.... I notice the update option was actually in the avast UI that came up when I clicked UnInstall/Change Program.

This updated properly and prompted me to reboot my computer. After rebooting I was kinda of skeptical that it had actually updated. Checked the versions though....

Matched... BAM!!! fixed for me

Hope this helps someone

Daedalus44

I know this thread is old, but it has good info.  I did not want to use uninstall tool & reinstall.  The above quoted steps WORKED for me.  Go to control panel & do uninstall/change on avast, & indeed there will be a popup & an option saying UPDATE.  It confirms newer version exists, then you choose CONTINUE & it DOES update & asks you to reboot.  It works!  Thanks all!