Author Topic: When is the avast! definitions update notification system going to be fixed?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline leftisthominid

I've noticed for the second day in a row avast! has not notified me about the new update. Before, if I did not get an update notification I still got a misplaced VPN ad popup.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Me neither. The vpn pop-up is a scheduled advertisement....sorry. I don't like them either.

edit: I have checked the "def" folder and I have been getting both the normal and streaming updates.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline leftisthominid

140212-2 just instigated a notification, may be it is an update at start-up problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I've noticed for the second day in a row avast! has not notified me about the new update. Before, if I did not get an update notification I still got a misplaced VPN ad popup.

If you see these toaster style popups (same size and location as the update notifications) in most cases it is also an indication that an auto update has taken place, but this has overridden the normal auto update notification that this is piggybacked to.

It is beyond me why the collective expertise/experience of the avast team that they haven't sorted this mess long ago.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security