Author Topic: Ack! Too many e-mails?!  (Read 20556 times)

romrom

Re: Ack! Too many e-mails?!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 11:16:46 AM »
sndmix.dll -> infected by Downloader.Agent.AVZ ...
not found with Avast  :o

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 11:35:37 AM »
sndmix.dll -> infected by Downloader.Agent.AVZ ... not found with Avast :o

Do you need the files for avast?

Can you send the samples to virus@avast.com ?
You can zip and password the files... Inform a link to this thread and the password used.
You can send the files to Chest and, from there, resend to Alwil for analysis.
Thanks.
The best things in life are free.

romrom

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 11:39:20 AM »
Sure, will do  :)

romrom

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 01:33:23 PM »
Damn, unable to zip it, copy it or do whatever I want.
There is a lock from winlogon.

So, I cannot send it to you or let me know how to do it :)

Rom

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 05:32:03 PM »
Can you add it to the User Files section of the avast chest (File, Add and navigate to the file) you can sedn it to avast from there.

This assumes you can unlock it, there are a number of programs that can do this 'WhoLockMe' is just one - http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,25368,00.asp
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

romrom

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 05:55:55 PM »
Well,

It should be in the chest of AVG now...

I said should because the PC went down and looks like it doesn't really want to reboot...
It's an other story.
Be sure that if I can get this file, you will have it!

Rom

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 05:58:11 PM »
I said should because the PC went down and looks like it doesn't really want to reboot...
Do you have avast and AVG at the same time in the same computer? Both residents?

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 08:19:07 PM »
Hello all. First of all, sorry about my english. I only want to say that we have several customers that reported us the same problem: numerous messages with the message of "time out" related with winlogon.exe.

In all the cases we solved the problem with hijackthis, but I am sure that there is some malware circulating that is not detected by avast! not by the majority of antispyware programs (these customers tested many programs of this type), which were not finding anything in the troubled computers. And since it has been said hereabouts, it is a question of a program that uses the pc of the victim as a zombie to send spam.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 08:26:51 PM by Juanjo »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 09:32:26 PM »
Thanks for posting Juanjo. Knows this makes us comfortable.
This seems not only a malware cdoes not detected by a lot of programs. I'm thinking there is any rootkit technology involved with its behavior.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:33 PM »
winlogon.exe depending on the location of the file is almost certainly some form of malware, possibly a component of W32.Netsky or a trojan backdoor, a google search will show this, http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/winlogon/
A forum search for winlogon.exe would also return hits.

HJT is a very useful analysis tool to stop items from running.
These are usefull for an on-line analysis - HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1 (especially missing file entry for avast), if you need any help with any of the analysis let us know.
OR HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis 2
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

romrom

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 03:23:07 PM »
Do you have avast and AVG at the same time in the same computer? Both residents?

Yes... found that...
Just put AVG as resident and stop service for Avast for the moment... I need to clean this sndmix.dll
By the way... sent to you ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 03:53:34 PM »
Yes... found that...
Just put AVG as resident and stop service for Avast for the moment... I need to clean this sndmix.dll
By the way... sent to you ;)
You have everything to lose and nothing to earn doing that.
You will, for sure, conflict both antivirus. They aren't compatible as they were in the past.

romrom

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 05:53:43 PM »
I see but for the moment, I hve only one resident at the same time, not both of them :)
 :P

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 06:22:42 PM »
You have two AVs installed that expect to be on-access Resident scanners.

They will each have registry entries for AVs that expect to be the resident scanner not a Shared Resident Scanner, that in itself can cause conflict. You have a simple choice to make avast or AVG as resident (Installed) AV and use an AV that is an on-demand only solution or an on-line scanners for backup.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 07:42:32 PM »
I see but for the moment, I hve only one resident at the same time, not both of them :)
I won't be enough... Like David posted, you'll have drivers conflicts, Registry keys, services and files trying to be accessed.
The only secure way to have AVG 7 and avast is not EVEN INSTALLING one of the residents. Well, I've tried. If you have luck, go ahead, just my advice: you could have troubles  ;)