Author Topic: Avast antivirus free version question  (Read 2331 times)

5parc mac

Avast antivirus free version question
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »
I just downloaded it, but have a question.

I'm not advertising, just making sure. I have AVG internet security 2014, I know two security software's at the same time is a bad idea. But, I now have internet security (AVG) and avast anti-virus, but does the anti-virus come with any internet security? Am I good to go

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast antivirus free version question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
The free version of avast is an anti-virus, it doesn't have a firewall.

The avast Internet Security (AIS) and avast Premier versions have firewalls, but they are paid options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iroc9555

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:21:22 PM »
... But, I now have internet security (AVG) and avast anti-virus, but does the anti-virus come with any internet security?

Internet Security is a name given to a security program to detail a number of features like firewall, antispam, sandbox that a regular free antivirus does not have; However, avast! free has you covered in Internet.

... Am I good to go

No, you need to uninstall AVG, and please run its removal tool so that AVG can not interfere with normal avast! functions.

Kesetyan

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
It is not a good idea to run Avast and AVG at the same time as there could well be conflicts that could cause problems.  You need to decide which Anti-Virus you wish to keep but remember, if you remove the AVG Internet Security from your system, you will be removing its firewall too so you would be advised to install a replacement stand alone firewall such as the Comodo or Zone Alarm free firewalls.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.