Author Topic: New Windows 8.1 laptop  (Read 1997 times)

melissajn1111

New Windows 8.1 laptop
« on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:05 AM »
I just got a Windows 8,1 HP laptop. I have Avast Premier and was wanting to know what other programs can I install to keep my pc clean. I use to use Advanced System Care and loved how easy it was to use. I then found that it was not safe to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: New Windows 8.1 laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:05 AM »
I just got a Windows 8,1 HP laptop. I have Avast Premier and was wanting to know what other programs can I install to keep my pc clean. I use to use Advanced System Care and loved how easy it was to use. I then found that it was not safe to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You will get an abundance of suggestions.
As you review the forum posts, take note of user signatures. Many users will display an erray of Security software programs they have installed and available for every area of Security.  :)

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member
Re: New Windows 8.1 laptop
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
@melissajn1111
Do not use Advanced System Care or any other system "tweeker" or registry "tweeker" on Windows 8.1.
Anything that claims that will speed up system (Windwos 8.x) is blotware software and should be avoided. M$ has done the great job twiking Windows 8.x so it can be considered as an accelerated/twiked Windows 7.

These registry cleaners are not fully compatible with Windows 8 (they will work on Win8.x but they are not compatible) and you bring yourself to unnecessary risk that eventually something or some program in time does not work properly. Why do you need that? Do you need that worry? No ...

Use Windwos 8.1 as default, do not use some extra tweeking programs.