Author Topic: email checker  (Read 2433 times)

sliptime

email checker
« on: June 28, 2005, 05:19:11 PM »
I'm new to Avast4 and having a problem with the email attachment scanning function.  My practice is to save attachments to a special folder in order to (right clk) scan them with Avast prior to openning them.  My problem is that the results of the scan flash so fast that I can't tell what the results are.  How do you use this function?

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: email checker
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 05:27:49 PM »
hello to the forum

My practice is to save attachments to a special folder in order to (right clk) scan them with Avast prior to openning them.

Well Avast has a special provider that scans the incoming mail and mails that you are sending, so you don't need everytime to save your incoming mail in a special folder and then to scan them 8)

My problem is that the results of the scan flash so fast that I can't tell what the results are. How do you use this function?

If Avast don't warn you for virus there is nothing to worry about.
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: email checker
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 08:27:22 PM »
For the future explorer right click scanning, tick the Show results of Explorer Extension in the Program settings, Common section.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security