Author Topic: Please remove the upselling  (Read 2465 times)

thany

Please remove the upselling
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
From the Free version, please remove the upselling CTA's, or make them less confusing.

Every time the program wants to update, EVERY flipping time, my dad calls me because he doesn't understand which button to click. He's not very good at English, so all he sees is two update buttons. One is green, the other is gray. Green looks "enabled" as compared to gray, which looks "disabled". Every flipping time, I need to tell heim "please just click the GRAY BUTTON".

This one time, he had clicked the green button. So Avast updated itself to a trial of Internet Security. It's a great piece of software, don't get me wrong, but 20 days later it stopped working. Because it is a trial. So he called me up, and said "I think Avast want money". I said, "no, it's free, it'll work". But when I logged into his pc, I saw what he had done. I thought he had just updated the program, while in fact he was inadvertently upgraded to a trial of IS, which, as is the nature of a trial, stopped working.

So please, Avast, would you make the upselling CTA's less "in your face"? Don't make it look as if upgrading is the recommended/required option... I know you want moneys, but some folks just *aren't* happy with it, and some folks are nothing but confused from it. So remove it, or make it look like a real option.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:52:50 PM by thany »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Please remove the upselling
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
Please post your suggestion here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=146141.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

thany

Re: Please remove the upselling
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
I'm sure a mod can move it.