Author Topic: SandBox malfunction possibly virus  (Read 30485 times)

CAS159

Re: SandBox malfunction possibly virus
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
FireFox I use a majority of the time and yes I do have this happen more on FireFox.  However, I used IE to run Eset and when I tried to run a program that has a shortcut on my desktop that uses IE, VTS_eFleet, to check taxi credit card reciepts it brought up Bing search page.  So I went to the main program menu to bring up VTS_eFleet.  I've done a ramdom check of Eset file names in the report and turned off system restore on the drives for now.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
Are you using the latest firefox with AOS enabled ?

CAS159

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2014, 02:42:39 AM »
"firefox with AOS enabled ?"  Application Optimization Service(AOS).  I'm just finding out what that is now and found post of it on Avast forum.

CAS159

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
FireFox AOS 9.0.2011.70 is "Avast! Online Security AOS 9.0.2011.70".  I've seen Post on this in Avast. 
I think I've determined that when I turn on my Screen Saver Progam, "VuePrint", and or Power options "Turn off Monitor, Hard Disk, and System Standby" my FF browser becomes erratic. 
However, It took a couple of hours but it just started again 1:30amEST when it was off and it is now 4:45amEST I've turned it back on.
A previous suggestion by Rohugh does not find or fix the problem and will possibly create more problems if AOS is turned off in FF:

Rohugh Sr. Member
Re: Avast 2014 messing with firefox
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
It is best to disable Avast Online Security.
Firefox App Menu (top left)>Add-ons>Extensions.

I hoping that this is it however I have not read the symptoms of FF AOS and still searching.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
Avast Online Security is problematical on some systems, prior to the current beta it created havoc with IE11 on my system.  The beta appears to have cured that.  You will lose no protection if you disable it as webshield has your back 

CAS159

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »
I've disabled FireFox AOS 9.0.2011.70, Firefox App Menu (top left)>Add-ons>Extensions.
My mouse control has been erratic and I've had to lock the button with a left click otherwise it would open tabs and any other box it came across.
The Beta Version?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:08:27 PM by CAS159 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes

CAS159

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:59 PM »
Up to now I thought I cured my problem.  It returned as soon as I entered this forum.  I just finished repairing IE8 with "MicrosoftFixit50195.msi" and yesterday re-installed FireFox 27(http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147601.0).  Before that Avast Browser Cleanup had said "Yahoo Hijacked" so I added added "AdBlock Plus", Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon, GreeseMonkey, and Tab Badge on FireFox. 
Before that I uninstalled Avast and installed Eset then installed both with MalwareBytes.  That took too much memory and the tab and mouse control problem was still there so I uninstalled MalwareBytes and Eset and installed Spybot. 
There was a reference to a fix for the same problem I'm having on a FireFox forum but it was in reference to a Mac system running FireFox "GreaseMonkey: Prevent Web Applications From Grabbing Certain HotKeys anti-keygrabber.user.js" I think because I could not plug it in to GreaseMonkey.  I've been pulling the usb plug for my dual USB ps2 keyboard mouse to re-initialize and regain control.  It seems to work.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:57:46 PM by CAS159 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2014, 12:31:49 AM »
Installing two resident av solutions at a time is always a bad move and asking for trouble and a sure cause for mutual spook cross-detects which will impair security rather than to enhance it. It can be compared to  two watchdogs in front of a house that start fighting each other, the house is no longer being protected nor the residents thereof.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

CAS159

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2014, 01:27:01 AM »
I re-installed FireFox and IE8 but turned off system restore until I rebooted.  After I turned on system restore and rebooted I saw the Toolbar at the bottom of the page changed.  So I turned up Outpost Firewall "Host Protection" to Max and rebooted.  The Toolbar changed again to normal but this has happened before.  It looks like that is were the bug hides when system restore is tuned off.
Anyway before my IE8 and FF especially was skipping back and forth with tabs opening and closing and loss of mouse control with my Privacy settings set not to accept cookies from sites.  Now everything seems to be fine.   I looked at another post that states he had the same problem of Browser hijacked.  I have to think that websites I visit are a cause of the problem. I read how Chrome is coded to keep this from happening and FF is wide open to attack.  I give it till Monday before the system crashes again.  I just had to turn Adblock Plus on because I got a message it had been disabled and I was logged out of this forum when trying to modify my post.  It starts again, another symptom, programs going off and on. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:08:40 AM by CAS159 »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
That looks to be a windows error of some sort, possibly related to the graphic card 

CAS159

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
Initially I would try updating the drivers before running a test

CAS159

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2014, 08:34:56 AM »
My Avast was updated Saturday to "Avast! Online Security 2014.9.0.2016". I had paid in the beginning of the year but first downloaded the free beta version. I found there are security problems with Bing on IE so I replaced that.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_xp/how-do-i-remove-bing-as-a-search-engine/2247c2f9-d1b5-4c49-ba4f-c56665530ccc 
I have not checked the drivers yet.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »
OK keep me informed