Author Topic: UNWANTED TEXT MESSAGES  (Read 2389 times)

stop the text messages

UNWANTED TEXT MESSAGES
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:25:32 AM »
I DO NOT HAVE AVAST ON MY PHONE BUT I AM GETTING MESSAGES FROM A PHONE THAT DOES SAYING THAT THE SIM CAR IS CHANGED AND THE PHONE MIGHT BE STOLEN. I DO NOT KNOW THIS PERSON WHO IS SENDING ME THESE MESSAGES AND THEY KEEP COMING EVERY FEW HOURS. I DID NOT GIVE AVAST PERMISSION TO TEXT ME AND NO ONE FROM AVAST ASKED IF IT WAS OK TO ENROLL MY PHONE FOR SECURITY CONTACT IF SOMEONES PHONE WAS STOLEN. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK THE.NUMBER BEFORE ENROLLING A NUMBER FOR THIS SERVICE. I CALLED THE HELP NUMBER ON THIS SITE AND THEY SAID THEY DONT DEAL WITH MOBLIE  ON THE PHONE THEN DIRECTED ME TO THESE FORUMS. PLEASE MAKE THESE MESSAGES STOP OR FUTHER ACTION WILL BE NECESSARY.  >:(

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: UNWANTED TEXT MESSAGES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:34:57 AM »
Hi,

I think the best (and quickest) way to fix this is to write/call that number the messages are coming from and tell the person to fix the number. We don't know who is texting you or what is your or his/her number.

Filip

stop the text messages

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
So that didnt work they didnt know how to make it stop either... What can you do? At this point im getting messages 3 times aday 4 at a time.This is rediculous. I

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
maybe your phone company have a solution?

svehlak

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »
This is not avast issue. We can not be responsible for someone somewhere who set up your number as number for receiving these messages. Please deal with the sender. We can do nothing here.

stop the text messages

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
Maybe you should verify the number before enrolling it in your service. Thanks for nothing