Author Topic: My Win7pro system melted today...  (Read 2128 times)

lazymagnolia

My Win7pro system melted today...
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:44:16 AM »
everything was fine, multiple tasks going when slowly, one by one, everything stopped responding and then the dreaded blue  screen.

Read many threads on this forum, tried reboot (fail), repair (fail), SAFE mode (FAIL...hung after aswRvrt.sys.) time and time again!   :'(

Attached is my FRST file...

PLEASE HELP!

tia,
lm

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: My Win7pro system melted today...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST and press fix
Then try a reboot to normal mode

lazymagnolia

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
Thank you essexboy!  You have my eternal gratitude! :)

I am in back up and in good condition today in spite of some self-inflicted difficulties.

One thing I want to put on record:  I got really hung by the fact that I had a boot disc (CD) in my drive and it is a pop-in with NO emergency eject hole (!!!) so I was in a frustrating loop.  Searches on the tubes revealed many, many people with this problem but no solutions short of downloaded batch files and things of that sort.  Even Samsung tech support PLUS Samsung "DEEP support" (ROFLMAO!!!) had no ideas.  ???

After 2 or three frustrating hours, DUH!!!  It's notepad, silly!!  Wow, so simple  :o and right in front of me.  I want to put this here to help some other tired soul with the same issue.  Command line, Notepad, CD Drive, right-click, eject - Voila!

I probably could have asked that question here but I was so weary of typing on the cat-ravaged keyboard of a long retired laptop.

THANK YOU!!

lm

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:13:13 PM »
Glad all is well now :)