Author Topic: error during scan  (Read 6975 times)

ThRaShEr

error during scan
« on: November 10, 2003, 03:45:29 PM »
when I try to scan only one file(it doesn't matter what extension it is) from the context menu, i get this error message:   Error:During open ATL dialog.Error number:2
What the hell is this?? >:(

ThRaShEr

Re:error during scan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 07:51:38 PM »
i've restored computer to an earlier time and now it works fine.no more error messages

djnield

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 09:21:01 PM »
I have exactly this same problem so came here to see if I could find the answer.

My problem has been from the very start since I installed avast! so a restore isn't an option for me.

Can anyone else advise as to how to clear this error and allow me to scan individual files?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 10:37:22 PM »
It's caused by WindowBlinds, as you written me in the private message. Tell to WindowBlinds not to skin ashQuick.exe - it should help.

djnield

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 10:46:30 PM »
WOW  

Thank you thank you thank you ;D

I didn't even know I could do such a thing in WindowsBlinds but tried and now I can scan my files as intended.

While the help is around, can you tell me which of the avast exe files I need to select to get my download manager to automatically scan files it has downloaded?

Did I say thank you  :D

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 10:56:36 PM »
can you tell me which of the avast exe files I need to select to get my download manager to automatically scan files it has downloaded?

It's ashQuick, it scans areas specified on command line, each one separated by semicolon.

djnield

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 11:09:30 PM »
I thank you :)

Now I am totally satisfied  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 03:07:24 AM »
can you tell me which of the avast exe files I need to select to get my download manager to automatically scan files it has downloaded?

It's ashQuick, it scans areas specified on command line, each one separated by semicolon.

Into download manager most users type just ashQuick without parameters, ie, do not specify scans areas separated by semicolon...

This work for most download managers. I use FlashGet without trouble this way.  ;)
The best things in life are free.