Author Topic: New Mac User, 1st Scan 7 warnings  (Read 2406 times)

AllenZag

New Mac User, 1st Scan 7 warnings
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »
Hello

I just got AVAST for my Mac after Staples recommended it for my wife's Windows (UGH) laptop,  A paid for version of Trend-Micro missed a bunch viruses.  What a piece of junk!  Gone now ha ha

Never figured I'd need Mac protection but decided to try it.  Both are the free version.  Also took out Alvira from my 1 PC left, an old, old HP P4 running XP Pro and installed Avast Free also.  That machine never goes on the internet except to update software.

Anyway preformed my first scan on the Mac and it says there's 7 warnings.  I can't figure out how to see the warnings.

Can I get some help please?

Thanks
Allen

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: New Mac User, 1st Scan 7 warnings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:48:07 PM »
Can you attach a screenshot of the Avast Window after the scan?

Im not using Avast for Mac, but normally you should get a list somehow.

Also about 97% of all Macs dont have an Antivirus on them. Also be sure to have Time Machine on if possible and enable
the firewall under System Settings>Security
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

AllenZag

Re: New Mac User, 1st Scan 7 warnings
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »
Hi Steven

Thanks much.  Firewall is on.  Has been because I use the Apple Airport Extreme.  Time Machine is always running.

Anyway I found my answer.  At the bottom right of the scan screen there's a box for 'Detail Level'.  It was set for infections only.  I clicked on it and the drop down then showed a choice for "infections and warnings'.  So then I was able to see the warnings.  :)

Thanks
Allen