Author Topic: New Avast Version collects Information and sends it back to the devs?  (Read 2744 times)

USnAE

Hi.

I was wondering lately when I was asked to update an older version of avast to the newest one(2013->2014). Some Installation-Info told me that avast will collect informations and if I do not agree I could remove avast from my PC? Sorry, but I do not remember the complete Text. Just something that it will be like a study and after the collection of data ends we can have a look at the result.

Well... Maybe anyone can point me in the right direction in this forum, that I can read the terms again?

I went away from antivir, since they are working together with ask.com. Installed avast instead on new systems of friends etc.. and now this?

Please be so kind and make it more clear what exactly will be collected. And espacially what you do for the users privacy when collecting data of the users workstations?!
Thank you in advanced.

kind regards

USnAE

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: New Avast Version collects Information and sends it back to the devs?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
You'll find everything explained here http://www.avast.com/en-us/privacy-policy

USnAE

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »
Don't you think I already read this? It tells me exactly nothing about the Text I got when upgrading to the newest version...Also "not" about that I have to purge Avast on my Computers if I do not agree to the terms...

kind regards

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
Do you mean this - see pic, information found here http://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB3#articleContent

Paul_D

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
And why would this worry you? Avast is simply collecting (unidentifiable) operational information to assist in its continual improvement.