Author Topic: GrimeFighter appeared and then disappeared - where is it?  (Read 3272 times)

musicman707

GrimeFighter appeared and then disappeared - where is it?
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:52:22 AM »
I'm running the free version of Avast.  A week or two ago I got the notice that Avast had found grime on my computer and asked if I wanted to run Grimefighter.  It appeared to be free and my computer had been running slow for a while so I decided to give it a try.  I ran the program.  It was very thorough, took almost 2 hours, but when it was done, I was VERY pleased with the improvements to my computer's speed and efficiency.  The next day I looked and GrimeFighter was still there.  However, I looked again today and can't find it anywhere. 

What happened to Grimefighter?  Where can I find it?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: GrimeFighter appeared and then disappeared - where is it?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:14:53 AM »
I'm running the free version of Avast.  A week or two ago I got the notice that Avast had found grime on my computer and asked if I wanted to run Grimefighter.  It appeared to be free and my computer had been running slow for a while so I decided to give it a try.  I ran the program.  It was very thorough, took almost 2 hours, but when it was done, I was VERY pleased with the improvements to my computer's speed and efficiency.  The next day I looked and GrimeFighter was still there.  However, I looked again today and can't find it anywhere. 

What happened to Grimefighter?  Where can I find it?

Could it have been a 'trial period' as GrimeFighter is a "Paid For" Option?
Just guessing. :)

spanort

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »
Same thing happened to me.. It was paid for... They are ignoring my request for a refund.. I'm filing a claim with my credit card company.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
have you tried to download and install it again?    http://www.avast.com/en-eu/grimefighter

spanort

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
Yes it was reinstalled..  They said it was at my end talked me into support.. I paid 179.00 for support...  They went into my computer and dug around, found no issue...  uninstalled my entire avast program and reinstalled it with Grime fighter..  total of 4 1/2 hours... It still wouldn't work  ( runlevel issue) and I ended up with a  slow computer with problems now..  I go into the program and Grime fighter isn't even there now?  They left all there tech tools on my computer too. Filed a ticket and ignored.. I want my money back.. I'm contacting my credit card company today to see what I can do...  I'm not receiving the 179.00 support  I paid for either.. Run me in circles and I get nowhere.  I'm paid up for 2 yrs for Avast.... Once this is all solved, I'm removing it.. I'll never download another Avast program. again.. I've been a customer for a long time...210.00 and got nothing!! I'm irate.

spanort

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »
I paid 69.99 for 2 years of Avast too.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »
tried to contact avast sales here?    http://www.avast.com/en-eu/contacts