Author Topic: Dire Need Of Help With Virus  (Read 15715 times)

chloedog

Re: Dire Need Of Help With Virus
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 09:31:37 PM »
I give up- removed what you said on Hijackthis, rebooted and everything's the same- still get the warning of the trojan virus when I sign on as well as when trying to get onto IE.  I've done all the suggestions, followed all the website's directions and I'm depleted now and frustrated- been 2 straight days with this problem.  I guess I have to get a computer tech in to help.  If any of you on here are in the New York City vacinity let me know so you can stop by and do your techy stuff.  Thanks all for trying to help me!!

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Dire Need Of Help With Virus
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2005, 11:04:56 PM »
Hi cloedog,

The last thing I would try is a complete scan of C: with bitdefender 8, and see after that. Else you come to a certain conclusion, and the conclusion is:

It is always a sad thing when a computer has come so overrun by malware, that is has become compromised to  such an extent, that the only option that seems left is to save all your personal data and documents etc. on separate disks, including the mail address book, mails etc. and do a complete reinstall, run updates, servicepack 2, safe browser, AV, firewall and the anti-malware programs suggested, and be a wiser woman for it.

I had to do it once due to a hacker, burn all my valuable data via a knoppix cd with Nero creating an image. Complete reinstall and at that moment this bloke was ready to join the one and only AVAST forum. Now a lot of things I did in previous  days, I do not do anymore. Some like little old me had to learn computer safety the hard way.

Keep smiling,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!