Author Topic: New to Avast and I have an issue  (Read 2041 times)

Eggbert

New to Avast and I have an issue
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to Avast and I like how it works

But I ran in to a problem with the free version 2014.9.0.2013.  I had the free version loaded on two systems and I have two problems.
Problem A
Computer A - trying to do Microsoft updates, got an error 8024402C
Computer B - trying to do Microsoft updates and not problems.

What I did is I turned off all the Avast Shield settings on Computer A and then I was able to update all the ones I needed to do from Microsoft.  I went and compared my settings from Computer A against computer B and they look all the same.  So I am scratching my head on this

Problem B
Computer A does not have the program that Computer B does.  On Computer B the program goes to the Internet and verifies my license, but now it cannot verify it.  So on Computer B I turned off the Avast Shield settings and reran the program and now my program gets verified.  If I turn the Avast Shields on, Avast blocks it.

So on both instances I am not sure why Avast (or how) is blocking those two issues which are different from each other.  Why Avast blocks Microsoft update on Computer A and not on B?  Maybe I missed a setting, but not sure.  Can anyone help me out on this?

Running Windows 7 64-bit on both systems, both systems have all the Microsoft updates, installed Avast free and I am using the default settings.  Just not sure, thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: New to Avast and I have an issue
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
did you remove previous used AV and run vendors removal tool before installing avast?
General: Uninstalling a third-party antivirus software   http://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB11#artTitle

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: New to Avast and I have an issue
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
Try a repair...Control Panel>uninstall a program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.