Author Topic: Deepscreen  (Read 3723 times)

naren17

Deepscreen
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »
I tested Avast & when Deepscreen detects malware it is deleted. Why its not quarantined?
I think it should quarantine the file.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Deepscreen
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
The default for files are send to Chest (Quarantine). For websites is drop the connection.
The settings are on: Settings > Active Protection > choose a Module and click the icon > Actions.
The best things in life are free.

naren17

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
I know that.
Every detection is correctly quarantined.

But Deepscreen detection is deleted?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:13 PM »
I have seen another similar topic reporting the deepscreen removing the file.

Not even sure if this was one of yours. But as I have previously mentioned, setting the Hardened Mode to Aggressive may resolve some of these issues as they would first be checked against the avast cloud database. So they may essentially replace the deepscreen function.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

naren17

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
I have seen another similar topic reporting the deepscreen removing the file.

Not even sure if this was one of yours. But as I have previously mentioned, setting the Hardened Mode to Aggressive may resolve some of these issues as they would first be checked against the avast cloud database. So they may essentially replace the deepscreen function.

I guess I have posted it earlier too.

Do you mean Avast doesn't contact its cloud database in defaults? Dont you think Avast should connect to cloud database with regular default settings too as most use defaults & will also help in reducing FPs?

And hope Devs change the action of Deepscreen from delete to quarantine.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:40:14 PM by naren17 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:19:36 AM »
As an avast user I have no power over default actions, but I would expect it to have very similar action of the file system shield (FSS) and that has multiple options on actions to take depending on the detection type (Virus/PUP/Suspicious).

So it is somewhat different to the deepscreen function, which may be called by the FSS and the file wouldn't be scanned unless it was an unknown file. In order to say if 'it is an unknown file,' I guess that it would have to refer to the avast cloud database.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

naren17

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:45 AM »
Programs excluded in Deepscreen are scanned by Fileshield?

naren17

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 02:37:34 PM »
OK, program excluded in Deepscreen are not scanned.

It would be good if DS allows instead of exclude coz if the program is malicious, can be detected later.

naren17

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:06:47 AM »
Today tested Avast & new findings with Deepscreen.
In todays test saw new Deepscreen action.
DS deleted malware - I have already mentioned in this thread.
DS quarantined malware - This was new.
DS alert mentioned ignored & below it mentioned threat was detected & blocked - This was new & confusing. I ran that sample again & DS quarantined this time, strange?

true indian

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
DS alert mentioned ignored & below it mentioned threat was detected & blocked - This was new & confusing. I ran that sample again & DS quarantined this time, strange?

Good work naren!! I have noticed that too very often.We should get pk or someone to comment on this.