Author Topic: boot time scan says not supported for this type of archive.......  (Read 2803 times)

tony bush

GREETINGS. I am dazed and confused as far as this computer is concerned..!  On boot time scan it shows 6 corrupted files. 2 showing error 42127,  3 showing error 42125, and 1 showing error 42146. when prompted by avast to press key 1 through 0  (fix, delete, move, etc etc) I can only press 0 (ignore all)  all the other numbers give the same message... the operation is not supported bla bla bla.
My stupidity in downloading speed up tools and screwing around with registries hasn't made things easier....but far worse.  I've deleted them now but 360 amigo won't 'allow' me to delete it..!
Should I just throw this bloody tower off the balcony or is there a way out?
Sorry guys but I know nearly SFA about computers. I'm 60 years young but please talk to me like I was 6.
Your advice is really needed.
tony bush

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: boot time scan says not supported for this type of archive.......
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »
these are just scan error messages, and the reason why......scan errors are not detections

avast is a antivirus program and will only take action on infected files. when infections are detected a malware name will be give to that file

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:33:54 AM by Pondus »

tony bush

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
So, no worries then. thank you.
I forgot to write that it continually freezes on start up. I think a more modern tower is called for. This one is windows xp 1gb.
PS.  ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET RID OF AMIGO 360 ?   TRIED TO GET RID OF IT WITH CCLEANER BUT IT WON'T ALLOW ME TO. :o
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:59:20 PM by tony bush »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
This doesn't necessarily mean that you have a problem:
- Corrupted Archive file, this could simply mean that avast is unable to unpack it to scan the contents of the archive and assuming it is because it is corrupt.

Even if it were corrupt there is nothing that a user can do to resolve any corruption, short of replacing the file. This I wouldn't recommend (especially if this is for archives in the \System Volume Information folder, part of the system restore function) unless you are getting problems relating to that file outside of the avast scan.

If you can give us some more information on your system, it may help.
What is your operating system ?
What is the CPU (computer processor) and how much RAM (memory) does it have ?

It would be worth looking at what programs are allowed to run on startup as some (non-security, operating system) applications may not need to start on boot.

EDIT: Does Amigo 360 not have an entry in Control Panel Add Remove Programs/Programs and Features ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:03:37 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tony bush

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Dear Davidr.  Like me, the computer is ancient so I'm going to replace soon. I will still use avast as I feel confident with  this product.
 A s far as 360 amigo is concerned, yes, I have tried what you say but it won't delete itself.  I won't download it in the future. I learn a little bit more day by day.
be well all.
tony bush

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
I did try a search for uninstall Amigo 360 and it returns lots of hits. Unfortunately many of them were about how it is able to uninstall other applications, a damn shame it isn't so great at removing itself. Some of the other hits were years old so unlikely to be relevant.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security