Author Topic: Please help, Avast does not detct a trojan  (Read 2508 times)

ntir

Please help, Avast does not detct a trojan
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »
Hello!

I'm very desesperated because yesterday I opened a email with a trojan detected by Avast (JS:Agent-BDN[Trj]. Avast told me it was removed and there wasn't any damage. Today someone has tried to stole my email account.

I've installed Ad-Aware Antivirus too and it tells me that the file C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\ais_core_7d9.vpx seems to be infected with Gen:Trojan.Heur.LP.dy@aqR@FFh. I've check that file with Avast a no virus was detected.

Please could you please help me? Is it a false positive?

I can't send the file beause of its size (19 MB comnpressed).

PLease, excuse me for my poor english.

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Please help, Avast does not detct a trojan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
Its a virus signature that is detected, dont do anything to that otherwise you will kill Avast.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

ntir

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 12:14:09 AM »
So it is a false positive, tue? I'm not understand well that it is a virus signature, sorry for my ignorance.

Thank you very much for you quick response!

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »
No problem :)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
I've installed Ad-Aware Antivirus too and it tells me that the file C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\ais_core_7d9.vpx seems to be infected with Gen:Trojan.Heur.LP.dy@aqR@FFh. I've check that file with Avast a no virus was detected.   
This is what happens when you run two antivirus programs......

ntir

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 01:50:50 AM »
Yes, I knew thar there was a possibility of false positives. But think that I was very desesperated because I work with credit cards everyday and the only thought it could be stolen makes me really crazy.

I've never had any problems with viruses or trojans and but last night I make a big, biiiiiig mistake: I clicked a link in a apparenty safe email from Apple inquiring me to re-enter my info again. I trusted because I reset my password two days ago, and it was very late, my wife hiring to sleep my son, etc. Was I a nerd? YES, of course!!!