Author Topic: JS:Decode-BTB [Trj] reported on ANZ bank login screen  (Read 8195 times)

Offline LesF

JS:Decode-BTB [Trj] reported on ANZ bank login screen
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:21:48 AM »
The login page for ANZ bank (anz.co.nz) throws up a report of JS:Decode-BTB [Trj]
Is this likely to be a real threat or a false match?

RobinMal

Re: JS:Decode-BTB [Trj] reported on ANZ bank login screen
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:33:32 AM »
Hi there,

I am having the same problem. A full scan with avast says no virus on computer, same when done with malwarebytes and combo fix. Even flushing things out with ccleaner as well. This only seems to be happening on IE as chrome seems to be fine and from what I can tell seems to be specific to the ANZ bank website when trying to login. Any ideas???

critter

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:31:05 AM »
Same problem, contacted ANZ and their reply they have had a site update, just add the url to the exclusion list.
What a load of crap, I will wait until Monday and have a go at their IT dept

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline fushigi15

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »
I got the same message and only with ANZ.  Looked it up.  It looks pretty bad??? The link below say it's very malicious.  If you go to the page does that mean you're pc has been infected?    :o

http://blog.teesupport.com/remove-jsdecode-btb-trj-trojan-horse-completely/

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
If you go to the page does that mean you're pc has been infected?    :o

As avast! blocks/blocked it, no.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

DOSrelic

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
Me too yesterday so reported and tech seems to think it was designed specifically to attack IE as Chrome was unaware! :P
My Bankmail just sent:
ANZ suggestion @KE338K
As I commented to Tanesh on Sunday when advising of the Internet Explorer's susceptibility to a malware called JS:Decode BTB[Trj], as reported to me by my FREEware Avast I would like to officially advise that this apparent Banking Transaction ?Bypass¿ [BTB]¿ malware someone seems to have written to specifically target IE may have some undesired consequences for ANZ or its clients!
I would also like to officially offer my Systemic Analytical Suggestion [SAS]; that when ANZ is about to time out due to inactivity not only do you popup a warning message but could you please also give an audible warning as the person is probably quite intently focussed on another task in a separate window so will not see the popup!
This warning could just be the ding I said to Tanesh but you could also personalise it to an ANZ .wav file like those used in Telephone banking?

Thank you & Best regards,
Martin Richecoeur [DOSrelic]