Author Topic: Avast Firewall and Outlook plugin won't work on 8.1  (Read 3295 times)

jrdskmfreder

Avast Firewall and Outlook plugin won't work on 8.1
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »
I spent the weekend trying to upgrade my work tablet to Windows 8.1.  Once I uninstalled the old version incompatible version of Avast, I got 8.1 to install. Then, I installed while connected to the work LAN as an EA managed install.  Everything seemed to go fine, except, the firewall will not enable and the outlook plug in did not install.  I tried to disable the Windows Firewall to see if that was the conflict, and that did not help.  What am I doing wrong?  I have the latest version of Avast! Endpoint Protection Suite Plus installed.  (8.0.1603)  Any help would be much appreciated. 

jrdskmfreder

Re: Avast Firewall and Outlook plugin won't work on 8.1
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »
We actually have 2 tablets (both Acer Iconia W700's), with Windows 8.1 where we have the latest version of Avast! EndPoint Protection Suite Plus installed (8.0.1603).  We have the issue on each of these machines where the firewall will not start.  I have repaired the install on the device I mentioned above and it did make any difference with the firewall.  It did fix the Outlook plug-in, however.  If Outlook is open when Avast installs, it apparently will not install the Outlook plugin.  On the firewall issue, when I open Avast! and click on the "Turn On" prompt for the firewall, it comes up with an error screen that says, "Unable to start Firewall!".  I searched the forum for answers to the Firewall issue and could not find anything that helped.  Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.   

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:26:59 PM »
Are you using Windows 8.1 RT on your tablets?

jrdskmfreder

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »
No.  It is the full version of Windows 8.1.